Hello eveybody

woody

Hi everyone. Just thought I'd say hello after reading the forums for a couple of months.

I live in East Sussex where my parents have a farm. Nothing massive, 200 acres where the main living is now made from a horse stables and livery business. We have a flock of about 100 breeding ewes and raise a few pigs as well.

We're probably the first piece of sizable land outside of a fairly large town, so we seem to have the urban foxes on the land, as well as the out and out feral buggers. I have started taking my rifle in the cab of the tractor with me when I help out at the weekends doing rolling, harrowing etc, as charlie will sit and watch the tractor, bold as brass.

One field alone gave me 13 charlies last year. Same scenario every time, just used a wigeon call and out they come. I am a bit late starting this year, but got 2 in the last week.

Just picked up a new lamp yesterday ready for some more night time adventures. We have a John Deere 6x4 gator on the farm and is just the job for lamping from. My buddy owns the farm next door, and has the permission on the farm next door to him as well. So all in all we have 1000 acres of prime sussex countryside to shoot over.

This is the charlie I got with my CZ 525 in .223 on Saturday. That rig is completed with a T8 moderator, Bushnell Elite scope, and a Harris bipod. Its seems to be just the job for charlie bashing. The 55grainer hit square in the chest, and left as you can see out of the left flank of the animal. The shot was about 150 yards.

Cheers guys - keep posting the reports. They make for a good reading sitting up for lambing.

Woody.

DSCF0735.jpg

Guest varmartin

Hi Woody , welcome to the forum...

It sound like you have a good rig for foxing and an ideal spot to lamp on ...

Looking forward to reading about more of your exploits soon.

Welcome on board.

Sounds like you've got a great set up there. Keep up the good work.

That Gator sounds just the answer, Nemasis has access to a Kawasaki mule when he invites me over to shoot on the turkey farm and its superb.

Thank for your post hope its the first of many.

Cheers

Dave

Welcome Woody , keep knocking them over and i bet you will never gethe lsat one. I have been trying for 15 years and havent succeeded yet .

Welcome to the site buddy!!! ;)

Hope you enjoy your stay!!!! ;) ;)

All the best...................

RAY................................... ;) ;)

hello woody and welcome! where abouts are you? im in brighton , there quite a few sussex boys on here.

I'm just outside of Hastings.

We don't have one of those windshields on our gator thankfully. The height of the front of the gator is bang on for a 12 inch bipod in the sitting position.

I went out for a couple of hours last night with a buddy of mine. There were tons of Rabbits about, but seemed a bit quiet for charlie, until we turned for home and bumped into this one. She seemed to have a bit of mange on her back and around her teats

bensphone081.jpg

Archived