Lrp pocket go-no go guage

Frederick

I am looking at several companies that sell pin guages .

I can order a guage and specify my go - no go criteria .

At the risk of appearing thick 😄 , looking at the SAMMI diagram , what dimensions would be best ?

Should I use the .2085 as go and  .2100 as no go ? Or .2085 and .2101 ? Can't get my head around it 🥴

I assume you are worried about finding oversize primer pockets in the head?  Maybe reusing brass that was primed with crimps?

As the maximum allowed tolerance is .210" I would suggest .211 (+1 thou) would be NO-GO,  ie testing for 'too loose'.  

I can't see what value a GO gauge is as the head arrives to you machined to tolerance so all you can expect to test for is oversize pockets.  Undersize would be highly unlikely.

17 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

I assume you are worried about finding oversize primer pockets in the head?  Maybe reusing brass that was primed with crimps?

As the maximum allowed tolerance is .210" I would suggest .211 (+1 thou) would be NO-GO,  ie testing for 'too loose'.  

I can't see what value a GO gauge is as the head arrives to you machined to tolerance so all you can expect to test for is oversize pockets.  Undersize would be highly unlikely.

You can buy a go - no go guage but everyone is out of stock .

Oh , and yes I am using swaged GGG crimped brass .

Makes sense to me at .211 for no go , too loose .

Not certain myself what purpose the , " go " , is for ?

As I have to specify both ends of the guage , think I will order .210 and .211 .

Thanks Popsbengo 🙂

17 minutes ago, Frederick said:

You can buy a go - no go guage but everyone is out of stock .

Oh , and yes I am using swaged GGG crimped brass .

Makes sense to me at .211 for no go , too loose .

Not certain myself what purpose the , " go " , is for ?

As I have to specify both ends of the guage , think I will order .210 and .211 .

Thanks Popsbengo 🙂

Makes sense; max tolerance and plus 1 thou over.   I guess that crimped brass may be more variable ??  Perhaps someone here knows..

Just measured the pockets of 20 cases using a vernier guage. Very consistent at .2065 , I have already swaged the brass.

Minimum is stated as .2085 .

Measuring this way is a little crude but it looks good 😀 , maybe a little tight. Better than to loose 🙂

Will still get a pin guage , when I have got my head around it 100%