Schmidt and bender

Tikka tim

If your going old school I would take a look at the 8x56 .  One of the best scopes for what you have in mind and used be nearly every keeper in the land at some point. 
And still do .

https://www.uttings.co.uk/p105542-schmidt-and-bender-classic-fixed-power-hungarian-8x56-30mm-rifle-scope-sbh856alla7-057720/#.YcuqfS-nyfA

fantastic kit 

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2021 at 11:27 PM, One on top of two said:

What sort mag do you use when lamping ?  I take it you are lamping as that scope won’t be any good with an add-on .

I beg to differ I have fitted a Pard 007A and Archer onto the back of a Polar 97 with very good result, in fact its the best scope that I have fitted a NV add on, it beats Hawke Sidewinder, Sightron 2.2-17 x56 ,Element Helix ,MTC viper and Rudolph scopes.

Have you actually fitted a add on to a S&B polar 97?

The field of view and clarity of the picture with the Polar is superior to the above mentioned scopes which are regarded as the to go too scopes with add-on NV.

11 hours ago, ergid said:

I beg to differ I have fitted a Pard 007A and Archer onto the back of a Polar 97 with very good result, in fact its the best scope that I have fitted a NV add on, it beats Hawke Sidewinder, Sightron 2.2-17 x56 ,Element Helix ,MTC viper and Rudolph scopes.

Have you actually fitted a add on to a S&B polar 97?

The field of view and clarity of the picture with the Polar is superior to the above mentioned scopes which are regarded as the to go too scopes with add-on NV.

this has been my experience too, high end scopes schmidt, swaro, zeiss, NF all work brilliantly with add ons. lots of people say they don't because of hearsay and urban myth generated on forums by people who cant afford decent kit. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with using cheaper scope with NV but its wrong to discount the good ones and say they don't perform, when the actually do, really well.