Blackouts / Supply Chains.

ds1

Preparedness is for sensible folk.  Food, water, alternative cooking and lighting, heating and medical supplies as required.  One major benefit of a diesel vehicle is storage at home of a few jerry cans is safe.  EV with no mains elec? Oh dear.

A month's storage of food is easy (if you have the financial resources) and additional water can be filtered once any storage is exhausted.

Realistically if the power, fuel and food supply isn't restored within days for city folk, it'll be truly disastrous.

Hum, ......nine meals from anarchy.

If power and general supplies are not swiftly restored then things will go down hill pretty quick - just look at the silliness re. bloody loo rolls. -

Now have most shelves empty or access to accepted essentials = panic.

Yes larger towns and cities will be 'interesting'

5 minutes ago, terryh said:

Hum, ......nine meals from anarchy.

If power and general supplies are not swiftly restored then things will go down hill pretty quick - just look at the silliness re. bloody loo rolls. -

Now have most shelves empty or access to accepted essentials = panic.

Yes larger towns and cities will be 'interesting'

If power is out for an extended period then no mains gas, water or pumped fuel.  Any pumped sewage will back up fast and I'm glad I live at the top of the hill.   It also means no mobile phones or broadband so no Farsebook, Twatter etc to spread moral-destroying 'news'.  An up-side to everything ?  Youngsters may discover all sorts when they lift their gaze up..

I subscribe to investing in tools and the skill to use them as well as food, fuel and medical resources.  It will also be necessary to harden one's heart to the pleas of others less well prepared.

I also have a large stock of bog roll 😁