LabRadar and 22rf - help assistance please?

terryh

Gents,

Have access to a LabRadar and would like to check some 22rf rounds , any tips on setting it up for such applications?

Have the remote trigger that attaches to the rifle if that helps.

thanks in advance

Terry

I concur with what DaveT stated about first setting the LabRadar to pistol speed (600-1,600 fps), but I have no idea about the recoil-based trigger, as I use the acoustic (microphone) trigger? For the acoustic trigger, as long you get the trigger level right (setting '1' is the most sensitive) it should function fine.

A 22 RF certainly recoils, though not that much. Using the recoil trigger with 22 LR blow-back semi-auto may be a problematic as the gun first moves back, then the bolt moves back, and then the bolt is buffered (if one's present), or slams into the rear of the action. As such the gun should initially move backwards under recoil until pressure in the chamber drops and allows the base of the case to move the bolt. The gun would then be pushed forwards (decelerated) in a counter reaction to the bolt being pushed backwards. Finally the gun should again start to move backwards as the bolt is brought to rest by the buffer. I don't know how the recoil trigger copes with that sort of thing?

When I last used the Labradar with 22 LF, I found that as long as it was aligned with the target and there wasn't too much clutter forwards of the gun, you could see the projectiles for some distance. Here's data from CCI standard velocity to about 40 yards.

22 LR Radar Results.xlsx

Hi Terry ... Mine worked well with just the microphone on the pistol setting but for ease of use I've found the little FX chrono works great on the 22lr as it goes upto 1300 ft/sec with nothing to carry and bluetooths to your phone . I made up this attachment for my Impact using arca swiss style rail and clamp which now always points in the direction your shooting but without having to fix it onto the barrel . My recent Issue was the Rempel legs were getting in the way of the tripod legs and the arca rail came to the rescue again  🙂IMG_4687.thumb.jpg.207dacd5b5f9a5312207e7818bbfd06a.jpg

IMG_4699.jpg

• 2 weeks later...