6.5 creedmoor primers

BBR

1 hour ago, BBR said:

New to 6.5 so Could someone tell me if I need to use small magnum primers because I read somewhere that they are better but I can only get standard ones in small I’ve used magnum before but only in my magnum rifles 

In a nutshell - No.  I use CCI BR4 and have zero problems.  It's not necessarily desirable to have a bigger primer 'bang' as consistent ignition is what one is after for performance.  "Better" is a very subjective term.

The only reasonable argument for magnum primers I've heard is in sub-zero (F) conditions.  Not likely in the UK.

11 minutes ago, One on top of two said:

To the OP does your rifle have a small or large firing pin ? 

I gave up on SRP for the creedmoor years ago , better brass available in LRP .. Peterson select , GT , Alpha . 

matter of opinion.  Now't wrong with Lapua.  imho

48 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

interesting, why my I ask?

Few reasons really but for the main , I was fed up with hang fires while stalking , nothing worse than being on your quarry after 3 hrs in in minus 10 windchill and ...... click ................bang ! ( I stalk in Scotland 3 - 4 times a year )  Also primers showing pressure signs / popped primers. in warmer weather , I also get get better MV for 2 grains less powder , my rifles shoot more consistent MV / ES with Bergers 

all of our and efforts and work should be in the brass preparation . And as long as you use a quality primer I found that choice of primers has minimal effect on accuracy , 

imo 👍

Cheers people next has any one got any decent loads to start with I’ve been away from shooting for a few years and just started again recently to find out all my load data is useless as they have banned nearly all the powders I was using I have 140eldm and 143eldx to try with n555 and some n160 in a 20” barrel 1-8 twist