Just for giggles Sig mpx pcc 9mm

ds1

PCC ( Pistol Calibre Carbine) is a growing part of IPSC. As a training facility we have a number of carbines, HK mp5, uzi’s, Stribog, ar 15/9mm. They are traditional blowback designs (HK roller locking) although excellent for shooting steel offer little advantage against an AR 15 in 223 in terms of recoil reduction. However top of the food chain is the Sig mpx pcc it offers something even JP rifles cannot- a gas system delay. Result is one sight picture at 50m for fast double taps. Downside is cost, about £2k for the bare rifle and it’s going to be over £3k with an Eotech, ar15 stock, divinci compensator etc..... but it is a lot of fun.

Video 43 rounds semi -auto, fairly fast.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16ZEHeMGVR1h9ZnANTHO1-qmUhkkHv_g-/view?usp=drivesdk

9CE08CF2-15BD-4197-A517-757261EA3E44.thumb.jpeg.86cff9a94509c005ec235f6a8d1ab1b0.jpeg

Scotch, we can have moderators now but it’s the divinci compensator which helps it a lot. Today was about mapping vertical poi changes at close distances 5-25m. IPSC tends to go to 70m but close stuff is fast. Eotech is very good and fast being holographic but 5cm vertical poi change from 5-25m. Next time we will try the Eotech longer AA battery version- it sits lower so should reduce the poi.

• 2 weeks later...

ds1,

Nice.  TBH, I just switched one of my PCC's (9mm) from an EOTech to a Trijicon SRO (1MOA) on a riser.  Perhaps it is just me, but I found it much easier to get on and track targets than the EOTech.  If POI is a concern, then running it with a straight RMR=>Picatinny adapter may get you where you want to be...low to the bore line.  The SRO also has the benefit of being able to be left on for a year before the battery dies.  My EOTechs have consistently eaten batteries like a fat kid eats doughnuts.

Anyways, I thought it worth bringing up...

br

On 2/11/2021 at 7:50 PM, MarinePMI said:

ds1,

Nice.  TBH, I just switched one of my PCC's (9mm) from an EOTech to a Trijicon SRO (1MOA) on a riser.  Perhaps it is just me, but I found it much easier to get on and track targets than the EOTech.  If POI is a concern, then running it with a straight RMR=>Picatinny adapter may get you where you want to be...low to the bore line.  The SRO also has the benefit of being able to be left on for a year before the battery dies.  My EOTechs have consistently eaten batteries like a fat kid eats doughnuts.

Anyways, I thought it worth bringing up...

br

I like the SRO also. Have one on a Shadow 2 at the moment but it’s going to be moved to an STI Costa Carry Comp when the trijicon mount arrives......the Shadow will get an RMR.

Sig mpx, I’ve tried lower mounted red dots but miss the generous eye box the Eotech gives by being a holographic sight, transitions are much quicker for me with the Eotech. The downside is I find the illumination not as bright in sunlight with the Eotech almost washing out. Someone recommended trying a Holosun 510 but I tried a 507c on a pistol- it was not as good as the hype for me.

Out of interest Pcc’s - have you found anything to compare the the lack of recoil a Sig mpx has? I have no particular love for the Sig other than the gas system mitigates so much recoil. On things like JP’s or Divinci  I like the quality but the straight blow back is not in the same class as the Sig for recoil impulse mitigation. People have tried reducing recoil with hydraulic buffers but they tend to break the buffer tube pin. Magnetic buffers are being used also.

ds1,

The only thing I have seen that reduces the perceived recoil on a PCC is the Silent Capture Spring tuning kit for an AR in 9mm.  It works well from what I have been told, but you lose the "last round bolt lock".  I still may try it on the one AR 9mm I have.

Honestly, I think recoil management is more of a fitment issue.  If the PCC fits the shooter, then recoil can be managed (IME) and reducing it becomes moot.  As mentioned previously, when I moved the SRO to my Scorpion, I had also replaced the crappy, ill fitting factory stock with a MagPul Yugo AK stock with riser.  That change in geometry with the stock change, along with the SRO on a riser, really improved my ability to square up on the PCC, and manage the recoil of that big CZ bolt slapping back and forth.

Concur on the Holosun's; they're a cheap alternative to an RMR or EOTech...but you get what you pay for.  I was not impressed...but they do work for the budget conscious. 

I wish the Shadow was available in my state (California), but alas it is not.  So I just live with a CZ 75TS as it is in it's stock form, with it's iron sights.

Here's a link to the SCS.  I have one in a .223 AR, and it really smoothed out the recoil impulse (being a tall guy, the AR's never fit me well).

SCS 9mm Short