cast bullets with gas checks

TSG

I am reloading 9.3 x74R  ( more of a large varmint calibre) and TBH its quite expensive using premium bullets. I do not mind shooting them at animals that require that sort of bullet  but for competition use it seems a bit of a waste. There are a few Short Range Heavy Bullet competitions and practices. 

So to the question, 

the bullets are hard cast with gas checks. With jacketed bullets I would load with N140 I would start at 55 grains of N140 which runs out just over the 2000 fps mark.I i have looked at Quick Load with RS 36 which is similar to Reloader 7 which i use with 405 Winchester and  cast bullets but I am being careful around case fill and trying to avoid fillers ( or paper patching!) 50 grains of N140 should produce a similar result,

so has anybody done some loading with cast bullets using jacketed data at starting loads with gas checked bullets?

any replies welcome, remember sometime ago somebody  thought 375 H&H  was the 6.5 creedmoor of its day,

I would probably start with a jacketed bullet load of Viht 140 - the starting load.

I did this with my 416 Rem Mag and it worked well.

The cast boolit strength is the limiting factor and quality of alloy is important (not just the hardness)

I load cast bullets to chamber pressure. When I use heat treated cast bullets with a Bhn of 31, I can loiad them to about 44,000 psi before they got "plastic" meaning that they will not return to orignal shape after peak pressure compression. This leads to leading (to varying degrees dependant on pressure excess) and inaccuracy. (likewise)  Velocity is not the culprit in leading. Pressure is. Next to that it's bullet fit and bore condition. You want the bore clean of copper fouling before cast bullet usage.

Anyhow, keep the pressure thing in mind. I load cast for a 9.3x57. Very enoyable.~Andrew