Swaro launches new Z6's 2009

And about bloody time too, I have been saying it for a few years now that Swarovski are missing a trick with their range of scopes. Hopefully they will externally adjustable turrets and a decent choice of reticles, I wont build my hopes up though.

Lads

I have one 2.5-15x56 ballistic turret. Simple to use and you have ready made dialing turret. You can setup four different ranges. The glass is absolutely amazing simple as that. It is their new HD glass I cannot say enough good things about it. I have a schmidt and bender zenith and it trumps that. They do need to increase the range of scopes to suit peoples needs though.

The 3-30 will be of interest to F class chaps....... but so will the S&B 50 power released soon :rolleyes:

i saw the 50 mag 2 years ago y is it not out yet>?

ATB

Colin :lol:

i believe it is Col, but only available with the "sport" reticule, which my buddy says is crap. he has the scope on order with s+b, but with a 1st focal plane p4 fine fitted to it, and i think they quoted him 6 months wait, and he,s the guy who had input into the actual scope itself. :rolleyes:

A friend who I built a F Class gun for is also on the sidelines waiting for the new S&B, he has just bought a 2nd hand NF 32 power for silly money and will no doubt be interested in the Swaro offering if S&B don't pull their fingers out.

The S&B has "only" been in development for 2 years (at least) after all :rolleyes:

In a few weeks time Kahles will announced a range of high power scopes virtually the same as that of the forth coming Swarosvski.

The question if one needs them or is totally immaterial.

Its just a pure ego trip knowing that you have paied for the the latest and biggest

thats all...............

In a few weeks time Kahles will announced a range of high power scopes virtually the same as that of the forth coming Swarosvski.

The question if one needs them or is totally immaterial.

Its just a pure ego trip knowing that you have paied for the the latest and biggest

thats all...............

Unless of course one is using it in competition and it gives you the "edge" over the opposition.

Last year March scopes with their greater magnification were the "in scope", competitions have been won on clarity of optics - I have a good friend who swears he can see more mirage (or mirage sooner) using his Swarowski over his NF.

The new Swaro / S&B will enable this with greater magnification.

Rant over :rolleyes:

Yes I agree in that circumstances

Kahles will match all the magnification of the new swarovski since they are own by the same company we will see in a few weeks time.

It will be interesting to see if there is a difference in the clarity / light gathering between khales and swarovski. A friend of mine recently swapped a kahles (only 12 months old) for a Z6 of same spec, and says the Z6 optically outperforms the kahles by a long way.

I am informed by my friend in Japan who works for a glass factory that Swarovski owns majorty share holding in Kahles and at the moment is putting the brand up for sale. (Not spoke about in Europe)

All Swarovski research and development are done by Kahles.

e.g. The ballistic turret on the latest Z6's are virtually identical internally to the Multi zero turrets of Kahles which has bene around for years.

It is just that there is less marketing done on Kahles in the UK hence we have less exposure.

Sorry Rupert..........

I am also told that the glass grinder and coating operation of the 02 factories shares the same line so there is no measurable difference in light transmission and refractory properties.

Archived