Self built hight seats

auquhollie

Well we finally got our free standing High seat finished and we decided to go and put it out to let the beasts get used to it for a few weeks before we use it.

We are fully covered with snow up here in the north east as is most of the country just now. The wood in which we put the seat is in parts 3ft of snow so the Quad was needed to pull in the small trailer.

The place we decided to put the seat is a cross road for the Deer. In the snow we could see latterly hundreds of slots.

Here are a few pics of the high seat and the surroundings.

DSC01099.jpg

Could not have done it without the trusty Honda ;)

DSC01090.jpg

DSC01089.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

DSC01098.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

Veiw out in front

DSC01095.jpg

Veiw to the left

DSC01094.jpg

Veiw to the right.

And finally a couple of my wee Teckle pup "stig"

DSC01101.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

All we need now is a couple of orders for seats and it will be sorted :D

Ads

Ads

Guest magwa1962
Well we finally got our free standing High seat finished and we decided to go and put it out to let the beasts get used to it for a few weeks before we use it.

We are fully covered with snow up here in the north east as is most of the country just now. The wood in which we put the seat is in parts 3ft of snow so the Quad was needed to pull in the small trailer.

The place we decided to put the seat is a cross road for the Deer. In the snow we could see latterly hundreds of slots.

Here are a few pics of the high seat and the surroundings.

DSC01099.jpg

Could not have done it without the trusty Honda ;)

DSC01090.jpg

DSC01089.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

DSC01098.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

Veiw out in front

DSC01095.jpg

Veiw to the left

DSC01094.jpg

Veiw to the right.

And finally a couple of my wee Teckle pup "stig"

DSC01101.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

All we need now is a couple of orders for seats and it will be sorted :D

Ads

lOOKS GOOD GUYS...

might be worth throwing a couple of hide nets down the front when you go to use it, good luck.

Regards Jimmy

Ads

Nice seats ads.

Unless the pictures are decieving me the range looks well under 130 yds, you may have to be quick as the rides pretty narrow..

Orders for seats? Are you selling them,and,if so how much?...........martin.

We have talked about building them for people. TBH we haven’t really worked out prices for free standers yet. The lean to (identical without legs etc) is priced at £200.

The seat itself has an adjustable shoot bar/rest and the seat lifts up and can be padlocked open to prevent un-wanted use. The ladder comes in two 2m sections which gives you a seat height of 4m. The lean to can be heightened by simply adding another 2m ladder section and that would give a 6m seat height. The ladders simply slot on to the seat and all strips down to a size that would fit in the back of any estate car. If you are interested I can take more pics of the one in the work shop at the moment.

ATB

Ads ;)

Nice seats ads.

Unless the pictures are decieving me the range looks well under 130 yds, you may have to be quick as the rides pretty narrow..

Your right. The range that you see is about 150 yrds. We intend in brashing some branches back as the rides them selves are about 500 yards long. The deer we have seen there along with the slotts indicate that they use the rides to get from there resting grounds out to ware they feed at night. Im hoping to intersept a few next time home ;)

Ads

Hell, in those conditions, I'd be tempted to put a pair of white disposable overalls on top of the rest of your gear.

Less visible and it'd give you another 15mins before your 'nads fall off with the cold :o

Chris-NZ

I agree lad's. It was bloody cold when we put the seat up. Dont fancy sitting out in that cold. It was -15 last night ;).

Ads

Archived