KABOOM

Hey gents is there anyone who uses a jeep as shooting/hunting vehicle other than me?

1985 Jeep CJ-7 Currie rock jock axles, rebuilt dana 300 t case with twin sticks, new NP 335 trans, rebuilt 4.2 6 banger 33 inch maxxis tires

Years back I had a CJ7, think it was a 79 Golden Eagle. It had an AMC 360 fitted with Edelbrock intake and Holley 4-barrel. Drove it from Tuscaloosa AL through Texas, past Chihuahua through Copper Canyon dirt track down to Acapulco Mex and over to the Gulf back up. Around 6000 miles altogether. Rebuilt the engine once on the way and had several little issues like gearbox falling out etc. Great fun.

edi

1 hour ago, ejg223 said:

Years back I had a CJ7, think it was a 79 Golden Eagle. It had an AMC 360 fitted with Edelbrock intake and Holley 4-barrel. Drove it from Tuscaloosa AL through Texas, past Chihuahua through Copper Canyon dirt track down to Acapulco Mex and over to the Gulf back up. Around 6000 miles altogether. Rebuilt the engine once on the way and had several little issues like gearbox falling out etc. Great fun.

edi

FUN!! hahah you must enjoy the adage just empty every pocket lol

The trip supposed to be only a week or two, ended up almost two months. Only had bikini top and soft doors for the bad days. Complete engine rebuild in Mexico cost us 200 USD I worked for a week on it also. Parts were quite cheap. Mex had only 81 octane fuel which was a bit hard on the engine. Rebuilt alternator, new wheel bearings, gearbox seals, welded bits to the frame to hold up gearbox on route.  She had a three gear manual box. + low box of course. Never really needed first, second was ok to start, second also got up to around 70 mph if you pushed it. Wish I still had it.

Now we have a 82 Master Craft with similar engine, 351 Ford Windsor and 4 Barrel Holley. Lovely toys.

edi

6 hours ago, ejg223 said:

Now we have a 82 Master Craft with similar engine, 351 Ford Windsor and 4 Barrel Holley. Lovely toys.

edi

I would have thought a very thirsty toy but def fun

Oh no pics but I will try to get some and manage to upload, not very computer tech savvy but I shall try

2 hours ago, ejg223 said:

Kaboom, any pictures?

Chris, good fun for the kids... they seem to share the fuel bill.

edi

2 hours ago, NICK said:

Hi

I run a Grand Cherokee WH (WK in America). The one with the 3.0CRD Mercedes engine and transmission.

Hi, were cash no obstacle I would have my CJ7 with the 2.8R Cummins and a NV3500 .I refused to come up with 10 for the engine plus prob 5 k for the transmission. Should I become filthy rich that may change. I mine coal filthy ya I do that rich hahaah no.

Hi

I like my jeep very much. The Mercedes engine has plenty of torque and pulls like a train. The jeep is very comfortable and ideal for long journeys to Scotland. Very good off road too. Mine has the quadra trac system. I thought it had quadra drive with the limited slip diffs but I goofed!

European Grand Cherokees were made in Austria by Magna Steyr.

When the lottery numbers come up I will have a new Wrangler Gladiator and a Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. 700bhp should be good for a giggle.

9 hours ago, NICK said:

Hi

I like my jeep very much. The Mercedes engine has plenty of torque and pulls like a train. The jeep is very comfortable and ideal for long journeys to Scotland. Very good off road too. Mine has the quadra trac system. I thought it had quadra drive with the limited slip diffs but I goofed!

When the lottery numbers come up I will have a new Wrangler Gladiator and a Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. 700bhp should be good for a giggle.

700bhp!! hahah great for shattering parts!. No worries if the cash flow is on par with Bill Gates lol. While im somewhat underpower on long grades off road I have all I need.

9 hours ago, NICK said:

Hi

What you need is my work truck engine V-20 Cummins 2900bhp and 5000lb plus torque, down side it weighs several tons lol.