Dillon stockist UK?

terryh

Thinking about a 550 setup primarily for 38 special.

Dillon are ‘the’ progressive presses, just wondering who’s had good dealings with a UK distributor.

’yes’ I can/have Google’d a few but it is the service I’m interested in - PM if you do not want to put a public comment.

Cheers

T

Terry

Been reloading on a Dillon 550 for 25 years still the machines to beat ...however if you are only reloading straight walled pistol type calibres the Square deal could well prove to be the cheaper option.

Re. Square deal - a possibility as I’m only looking for 38 spl, all other cartridge reloaded are rifle and single stage press products.

T

Hi Terry

I have been using a Dillon 550 to load .38, .357 and .45LC for 4 years plus. I was lucky enough to pick a second hand one in very good condition and have been extremely pleased with it. The only problem is getting parts or accessories in the UK. In the end I ended up ordering various bits direct from Dillon in the US, turned out to be very straight forward with excellent service and some parts arriving within 4 days of ordering, normally about 7 to 10 days. 

Admittedly most of the stuff I ordered was about 3 years ago when the pound wasn't in the toilet so prices where reasonable, bearing in mind Dillon isn't generally a budget option.

I would seriously consider buying direct as you can get exactly what you want, shipping will be reasonably expensive but not exorbitant and they will give you a quote before you have to buy.

Import duty and VAT are a bit of a minefield but things still work out cheaper than buying over here, assuming you could actually get what you want over here.

David 

Dillon are excellent to deal with in the states 

I’ve had a 550 b for as long as I’ve shot - the best progressive unless you want electric feed and load commercially 

I now use mine as single stage 

if I were you I’d buy stateside and arrange own shipping