17HMR what to get

Popgun

• 2 months later...

Just an update

i have swapped out triggers with my Anschutz 1415 .22lr, it had the 2 stage.

I have also ordered ,eons ago, a light spring for the single stage from UK-Gunworks, getting it actually posted to me is proving to be a challenge for the dispatch dept of UK-Gunworks 😁  

47 minutes ago, Popgun said:

I have also ordered ,eons ago, a light spring for the single stage from UK-Gunworks, getting it actually posted to me is proving to be a challenge for the dispatch dept of UK-Gunworks 😁  

Good luck with that...

On 2/1/2020 at 1:49 PM, Popgun said:

i have done a 1-4-1 & have 17hmr on the ticket due back any day now.

I have a superb Anchutz 1417 LR, Deluxe with Pard 008 lrf  that is a keeper & as i have paddock perms that req a quiet rifle

So wise ones what 17hmr do i get ???

I really like the 1417 but do i need to invest so much,in a 17. i fondled a Tikka this afternoon + & a Sako Quad & a Savage, the sako shouldered much nicer than the savage

I have just gained another 600 acres of rabbit corvid land 

tia

Roger

I have and love my Savage 17HMR, but if you don't like the feel buy what feels good at that price point. Best wishes for good shooting.

Best distance so far was last Monday evening, i had sold my Pard 008lrf &put the Whitetail Expedition 6-18 x 42 AO back on. just about to back up due to poor light, saw rabbit @ 155m & nailed it. I have had many @ 80>100. & 2 @ 138m 1 day one @ night both with the 008lrf.

I have the Anschutz 1415 .22 lr  & this 1517 17hmr both are lovely rifles to use.