Just a quick post,

The FCSA UK shoot at Warcop today was a really pleasant gathering of big bores, medium bores and a few small bores.

To those who attended from the site the craich was good, the weather ,,,better than expected and the shooting, well lets just say:

"how many times does it take for a fluke to become repetetive accuracy" :(:lol::lol::lol:

(this seemed to be the order of the day)

Untill next time, hopefully it will be open to none FCSA UK members and we can get a few more from UKV there.

"how many times does it take for a fluke to become repetetive accuracy" :(:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It was once again a very good day!!! Thanks for all the encouragement ronin!!!

I ran out of ammo, sorry! I only bought 80 rounds and wasted about 20 rounds trying to zero in on a rock at K until i realized that my ballistic print out was 8moa out! I may have my new trg by the time theres another shoot up there perhaps not a scope mounted though. And some .308 tracer loaded up so i wont make the same mistake again. ajw are you the guy with the .300 RUM?

I ran out of ammo, sorry! I only bought 80 rounds and wasted about 20 rounds trying to zero in on a rock at K until i realized that my ballistic print out was 8moa out! I may have my new trg by the time theres another shoot up there perhaps not a scope mounted though. And some .308 tracer loaded up so i wont make the same mistake again. ajw are you the guy with the .300 RUM?

Correct-a-mondo!!!!!

Had I realised that you were the one with the TRG trying to blow me off the FP with that bloody brake I would have introduced myself :lol:

I will leave the Peli horizontal next time and "absorb" the atmosphere :lol:

The 338 will be back for the next Warcop shoot (its still at proof) and I believe that some ETR's will be on the cards instead of "hard" to hit rocks :(:lol: :lol

See ya all in March (14th) this is a guest day by the way, all of the UKV forum that attended today, it may be an idea to invite guests from the site and expand the FCSA UK membership - it helps to bring range fees down as well for us northern tight arses :lol::lol::lol:

Alrite guys, many thanks for yesterday, cracking day out!

Ajw, i owe you bigtime for the amount of rounds i sent down range with your 300 RUM!! i will somhow repay the favour! i did offer to take it home and clean it, you just wouldnt have got it back!!

however i am now on a downer from yesterday as i know all my rifle now shoot (very bloody well), looks like i may have to start another project! 243 Ackley????

Sean C, i was the next gun along from ronin shootin the "numerous" tikkas, every which way direction haha, sorry i didnt get round to introducing my self...was kind off in the zone smackiung that 1000 yard rock with my 105 amax load which i accidentally found for the 6BR!

Certainly as you fellas have said,

"how many times does it take for a fluke to become repetetive accuracy"

Seemed to be the theme of the day! hahaha!

Shrek

Hey shrek i know what you mean now about the trg being the tikka's upto date cousin that was the first time Ive seen one in the flesh and they are very similar.

Nice shooting buy the way with that wind.

Yea, that wind was being abit weird! It is very deceptive how it blows down that valley, some wind flags down there would be a nice touch, however im not volunteering to go and put them up!!!

just finished cleaning all my brass, didnt realise i'd fired so many rounds, the ultra sonic cleaners been earnin its keep today anyway!

Looking forward to the next shoot in march, if your going sean we'll meet up then!

I will be there too,

I will be the one with the rose in my lapel :blink::D:lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah yeah, late reply I know, but just want to echo others comments on the day. Good craic, good weather and a great range. AJW was most chuffed at having five of his rifles in action on the firing line at once. Cheers for bringin em all fella and the bucketloads of ammo. You must economise on non-esentials like food to buy all of that!

Will see you all at the next bash with hopefully a few more toys.

(For id purposes I was the big beardy fella with the sporting weight .300 win!!!!)

Yes Ronin, perhaps I will also have a buttonhole. If I can find a sunflower I think I'll go for that......

G

Alright, l'll try and find a Ragwort plant then............ some might say it's just like me.... a national pest to wildlife/horses and should be poisoned!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

I wouldnt go that far my friend...... well not quite that far anyway. Maybe just a small injury of some kind!!!!!

Zaitsev. It was a pleasure, and es my fridge is generally empty but the freezer is full of venison, grouse, partridge , cod and mackrel!!!

Plenty of Ragwort around here Ratty as you will have noticed.

A few years ago `she who must be obeyed ` and myself were in an alpine Italian village on holiday.

In a small field were 3 horses , NO grass but plenty of Ragwort.

The horses were trying to get at grass through and over the fences but they would not touch the Ragwort.

Is this the natural order or were those horses aware of the danger ?

HWH.

Hubert.

Just to poach the thread for a minute.

Ragwort is VERY TOXIC (see liver failure/blindness, and all kinds of nasty stuff) to Horses and Humans alike..... And the bloody stuff's residual.... it can take a while to build up in the system then WALLOP!!! you're FKD BIG TIME!!!!!

We've got a wood full of the shite right next to us it's a bloody nightmare :wacko:

Ratty.

Archived