Sako TRG Trigger Adjustment

Guest Tiff

I've never been completely happy with the trigger as it came from the factory. The first stage is ok and comes to a clean stop, but the 'interval' between that and the rifle firing as you apply more pressure is inconsistent and 'rough'.

There are two adjustment screws, one in front of the blade and a smaller one at the base/back of the unit. I've had a bit of a fiddle, but it hasn't got much better. Is there a specific order you should work on each, or any guidance , like when fine tuning a Jewell etc?

Any help greatly appreciated, Tiff.

Hi mate

you probably have already looked here, so forgive me for posting the link to the owners manual PDF

http://www.sako.fi/downloads.php

If the trigger "feels" gritty, suggest thorough clean in an unltrasonic bath and re-oil, if it still feels the same, strip and careful polish of sears and other contact faces would be my thoughts.

thanks for your link as i purchased a seconhand sako 75 i never got a manual , iit says in the info that the 75 can be used with either a single stage or set trigger or are these two variants of the 75

thnaks spud

I had a new Sako 75 HB .308 a few years ago.

The first shot was always a 9 at 7 o`clock and after that it shot into the bull centre.

After some aggro with GMK it was sent back to Finland and a new barrel was fitted, now it is a one-holer from the first shot.

At the same time I got them to fit a set-trigger mechanism, it is a disappointment and not as crisp as the trigger on my Sako 75 HB .243 and I have considered re-fitting the original.

The set-trigger is an option at time of ordering.

HWH.

Hi Tiff,I made a completely new trigger blade for mine for starters as the standard one is crap as it leans forward way to much and it cannot be adjusted out.Can make you one if you give us a ring sometime.Personally I found the best way to adjust was to get the trigger return spring tension as light as possible and thats the one behind the back of the trigger assembly and then the one in front of the trigger for second stage release pressure.Go to far and the bolt will not cock.I found that the big secret on many trigger groups and sear faces is to moly paste the sears which are quite easy to see on the TRG so get yourself some paste and give them a little smear and I think your trigger feel will improve a lot.pm me or give us a ring if you want some help.regards Onehole.

Hi Onehole, thanks for that and I may well take you up on that offer of help/a new blade. I'm back at uni at the moment, but when I'm around next I'll give you a call.

Archived