RPA Rangemaster .50

ajw

Evening all,

Does anyone out there know the rrp of the rpa rangemaster .50???

Many thanks and happy new year!

Andy

Hi Andy, depends on which model you go for....Peter Lawman has one in stock for around £5,000, but I'm not sure if its new or s/h with scope etc. Best to give rpa a call, since there are all kinds of bits you can add, or remove as budget suits.

Personnaly I think I'll get my .50 built as a complete custom gun, since you can easily save £1,500+ and as a student thats a fair bit of dosh!

Around £8000 i believe. Check out the steyr, at half that. The .50 bmg is a machine gun round, designed for anti material use....its not the worlds most accurate cartridge. save half the money, and spend it on ammo.

seen the nemesis ? the official importer is Pete Starley [ midway uk] thats a nice bit of kit, but i dont know the price.

No don't get the Steyr....Never been to a shoot yet without at least one having a firing pin break! The Nemesis is very nice from about £3,300ish to £4,800ish. Still for around £3,000 you could get a custom gun built :o

Andy

I think one of the guys from the FCSA has a new RPA 50, you going to the shoot on the 17th at Warcop, the rifle should be there.

As I recall the rifle I have seen is a single shot, not sure if it is the Rangemaster or not.

Regarding the rifle at Peter Lawmans, I thought it was an AI 50 that was for sale, maybe wrong?

Handled the Nemasis, but never shot it.

Tiff is right, you could build a custom for the same money or less.....

Thanks for that.

Baldie, Blooooody Hell!!! Doesnt supprise me really though. I think I'll just kep looking at it :o

Not very keen on the steyr. If, and I do mean IF I ever do get one I'd like one magazine fed unless one comes up at the right price.

Tiff, What would be your choice of componants then?? and what ball park prices do you think it will end up at?

Thanks again, Andy

I know this was aimed at Tiff, but as I am on now, I may as well post a reply:

Guessing a Barnard 50 cal action would be circa £1500, you could get Lawton as well for similar money, barrel, well they are £300 to £500 depending on profile and fluting etc, stock, any of the composite makers and Mcree aluminium for around £500-600.

Trigger - £200?

This is for single shot, by the way..

Not certain a repeater is the better option on a 50,

you may want to consider a brake too :o

Similar in cost to any custom rifle........

Hi Ronin,

I'm going to warcop on the 17th and I have already purchased some .50cal pills. My plan is to ask some kind 50 owners if I could have a couple of shots with me supplying ammo. Im looking foward to it, should be fun. I know deer308 and Ratwiskers will be there. Will you be able to attend??

Andy

Yup, I am going, had to change some duties but I will be there.

Taking the 338 for an airing (getting the 300 SMK's grouping nicely now :o )

Hopefully some of the other chaps from the site will be there too as well as the "usual suspects", just hope it isnt cancelled at the last minute!

Ronin you've pretty much summed up my next rifle :o Although 14.5mm is still tempting me.....

Peter Lawman has got both an AI and rpa at moment....The AI he will let go bare, for £5,000 ish cash :D Still too much for me :ph34r:

The Nemasis is a good option, pleasant to shoot and can be upgraded as funds allow.

Personally my deer cull is going well this year, for once, so I'm thinking I should have the cash by the end of the holidays all being well. Screws up my social life mind...just finished another 5 reds in the larder an hour or so ago. So much for New Year's!

I'll see you guys at warcop aswell, however i cant help wth the 50, thats probably out of my leuge, and the look that my FLO gave me the other day when i aked about it certainly menas i wont be getting one on my ticket anytime soon!!

However i will just entertain you fellas with my 7.62's and maybe t 6BR aswell, there was once a time when i thought the good old 308 was a big caliber!!

Still does the job tho!!! hehe :D

Be good to see you there shrek, hope the ratwife doesnt bring her new toy or we will all be put to shame......again!!!!

Must say when I was after a 338 AI - which I got from York Guns, I contacted Pete Lawman twice - nice F.U. attitude problem. I would not piss on the guy if he was on fire. Shame as I would not mind a 50 AI.

RPA - there 50cal actions looked nice when I saw them at the factory a few years ago - they may have a few "over-runs" from a contract.

David.

Must say when I was after a 338 AI - which I got from York Guns, I contacted Pete Lawman twice - nice F.U. attitude problem. I would not piss on the guy if he was on fire. Shame as I would not mind a 50 AI.

RPA - there 50cal actions looked nice when I saw them at the factory a few years ago - they may have a few "over-runs" from a contract.

David.

Shame you didn't hit it off with Pete Lawman, most find him helpful and his prices good.

Pete.

Guest northernchris

Pete

Lawman has fallen out with more people than you will ever know ;)

David

I know exactly where you are coming from with the bloke :lol:

For those chaps that know my sorry tale, and for them that's about to learn......

The Ratwife and her new toy made it to the range yesterday.....

As soon as she gets back on here she'll be posting pictures......

The Girly can only make the afternoon next weekend..... so we can have a few hours to find a quiet hole to hide in :lol:

Archived