What rifle case to buy?

Hi guys another little post that I would like some honest feed back from.

I am looking to buy another rifle case , I have hard and soft cases already ,but am looking for something that is light wieght and has plenty of padding with a couple of pockets on the side.

The case will have to long or even etra long as the barrel is 26" on the rifle and if I leave the mod on when its in the truck I dont want it sticking out the end.

Do you know if anyone makes Custom Cases? you spend big money on scope and rilfe and put it in a bag worth £30 that isnt up to the job in my eyes isnt worth it.

cheers Andy

The best i have used are the COUNTRY COVERS ones. they are make of a tough green cordura with thick fleece lined foam inside. They also have a decent chunky zip. I have 2 and tried to get another 2 at the gamefair but they had sold out. They really are the best i come across. They come in 2 lengths and are arouind £30-£40. I have also got a dosko soft case with the hard protection bits on it and cost £90 and the country covers one is far better.

I have an Arktis case with loads of pockets and internal storage area that is made / sold under the Country Covers brand name - cost about £90 and its excellent, has carry handle and also rucksac type straps for vertical carry.

Material is very strong and it comes in variety of colours and cammo if thats what you want.

I also have a Czech military bag that is just as good, and converts to a range matt, but I guess that isnt so easy to get over here.

If you google country covers or Arktis, you should find the bag I mean.

Certainly cheap - have you got one ? How's the quality/zips etc ?

TC

i have, no zips its plastic click type buckles all the way, im well impressed, makes a great range mat.only they just have black left now.

As for external pockets you configure it to what to want with the molle fixings.

i have, no zips its plastic click type buckles all the way, im well impressed, makes a great range mat.only they just have black left now.

As for external pockets you configure it to what to want with the molle fixings.

I'm primarily after a decent range mat but one that doubles as a case for that price may be worth a try - thanks!

TC

I'm primarily after a decent range mat but one that doubles as a case for that price may be worth a try - thanks!

TC

Send for two Tony, it's got to be worth a go even if they only make a decent range mat. I' ll pay for the other one and we'll compare notes as to their usefulness.

Pete.

Hi guys another little post that I would like some honest feed back from.

I am looking to buy another rifle case , I have hard and soft cases already ,but am looking for something that is light wieght and has plenty of padding with a couple of pockets on the side.

The case will have to long or even etra long as the barrel is 26" on the rifle and if I leave the mod on when its in the truck I dont want it sticking out the end.

Do you know if anyone makes Custom Cases? you spend big money on scope and rilfe and put it in a bag worth £30 that isnt up to the job in my eyes isnt worth it.

cheers Andy

Have a look at AIM bags Andy, they get good reviews for a lot less than Blackhawk money.

Pete.

Send for two Tony, it's got to be worth a go even if they only make a decent range mat. I' ll pay for the other one and we'll compare notes as to their usefulness.

Pete.

Done mate, I'll let you know when they arrive.

Tony

Archived