.22lr semi-auto

sauer

hiya guys

my trusty old .22lr bsa superfive which im sure is older than i am is about done.

so im looking for summit new to replace it...im fancying a semi-auto

have looked at the browning buckmark carbine i think its called.

fine for shooting from a motor but also from small bushwear hide.

they are basically a long barrelled pistol with a stock added.

ive heard they are really versatile ....was wondering...any of you guys used them ???? any experince of them????

cheers

sauer

Baldy would probably be the best guy to comment, he builds them for SYSS.

Personanlly I would recommend a GOOD semi over a bolt providing you dont go much beyond 80 yards with subbies. I use custom 10/22 derivatives, not bad tools by any means especially when teamed with Butler Creek mags. But I suspect that Buckmark, Volquartsons and the £1200 Walther are now better tools than mine which were state of the art 15 years ago.

A

I would never take a semi over a bolt for accuracy but that's not saying I haven't shot some seriously accurate auto-loaders. To each his own.

I would definitely buy a 10/22 Ruger. They are a tinkers dream and can be made to shoot very well indeed. I have several but my favorite for pure accuracy is a Ruger receiver mounted with a custom trigger assembly, a Green Mountain 1-18" twist fluted heavy barrel, and dropped into a high-combed, thumb hole laminate stock. With ammo it likes it will shoot 50M ten shot groups in the .3's until the action starts to get dirty. Unexpectedly, the 1-18" twist only causes stabilization problems out to 100M when I shoot 60 grain Sub Sonic loads. These will print sidelong past 20M.

Fun guns.~Andrew

thanks guys i dont do much over 80yrds with subsonics so it would be fine....

my old bsa is older than me and accurate as hell but i could nearly poke em in the lugholes with length of it.

fancied summit "fleet" guy i know has one and is SERIOUSLY impressed with it.

sounds like it would suit motor shooting or from my ickle bushwear hide.

does anyone know Baldy on here then?? or exactly how to spell his ukvarminting name so ican pm him??

cheers

folks

sauer

Hi buddy,

I shoot a tricked out buckmark myself, but for gallery rifle, but have several friends who use them for rabbits out of trucks etc. They are a superb gun. The real beauty of them, is their reliability, they hardly ever jam, which cannot be said of any 10/22, however much is spent on it. They have a straight stick fed mag, which are reasonably priced as spares. Triggers can be stoned, although they aren,t bad out of the box, and they can obviously be shortened right down to the limit, then modded to make a real compact package. They come with a sporter weight barrel with walnut woodwork, or the heavyweight barrel with grey laminate furniture, which is my personal favourite. As accurate as any other semi auto, at rimmy ranges too, and pretty unfussy with ammo. Cant recommend them highly enough. Foxing 2 night had one for sale not long back. If you want a new one, we have them both in stock.

Incidentally, if you get rid of your knackered bsa, keep its mags, they are worth money.

thanks for all the replies and to baldie for his advice.....

now to confuse matters even more on this.......

im a left hander and ive been told the browning doesnt come in a left handed version in semi auto.

sooooooo

thinking now bout a left handed bolt ..... a carbine....still summit fleet!!!!

fancy an anschutz or summit but open to advice.

ive always worked a right hand bolt but been adviced i would br far better with a left hander.

anyone got a good bolt carbine they can recommend.....

guess i may have problems getting one

sauer

ps....HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS MAY YOU HAVE A GOOD ONE AND GUID FORTUNE FOR THE COMING YEAR..YEARS COME N GO ..TRUE FRIENDS STAY FOR LIFE

any of you guys work a CZ carbine at all? what like are they?? do they do synthetic stock carbine in left handed version??

better alternatives??

cheers

sauer

Archived