RS70/RS80 (or someting else!) for .338 Lapua Magnum

Plecotus

I have a .338 on order.  Single shot Nesika M, 32", 9.5T barrel. I'm planning to use the Berger 300gr Hybrid.   I'm new to reloading for this calibre.  My objective is to work up to shooting out to 1,500m and beyond.

I've seen some potentialy useful discussion her and there about loading for the higher end MVs but some of what appear to be the best powders aren't available in the UK any more (e.g H1000).   I use various RS powders for those calibres I currently load for but have not been able to find any real-world load data for either oft he RS powders in a longer barrel like mine.  I do have QL but I've not found its predictions for RS powders very reliable.

Can anyone offer any personal experience and/or sugest what load(s) I could consider and what real-world MVs I might expect?

4 hours ago, Plecotus said:

I have a .338 on order.  Single shot Nesika M, 32", 9.5T barrel. I'm planning to use the Berger 300gr Hybrid.   I'm new to reloading for this calibre.  My objective is to work up to shooting out to 1,500m and beyond.

I've seen some potentialy useful discussion her and there about loading for the higher end MVs but some of what appear to be the best powders aren't available in the UK any more (e.g H1000).   I use various RS powders for those calibres I currently load for but have not been able to find any real-world load data for either oft he RS powders in a longer barrel like mine.  I do have QL but I've not found its predictions for RS powders very reliable.

Can anyone offer any personal experience and/or sugest what load(s) I could consider and what real-world MVs I might expect?

I'm using Viht N570 with 300gn Lapua Scenar.  32" 10 twist Truflite.  I get 2850fps with 92gn. Remington 91/2 Mag. primer (unreliable - trying CCI soon).  I get good clean burning.

Also N570 (95g) but with 250g Scenar....2954fps ex 30" barrel

4 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Also N570 (95g) but with 250g Scenar....2954fps ex 30" barrel

I use 95gn N570 with 250 Scenar too.  3000fps

Archived