Hard case and drag bag recommendations please.

Dellboy

Lapua, take it for what it’s worth(nowt) as I am not an engineer or rifle smith. However I would be surprised if 60k psi right at the chamber / barrel threads didn’t to some extent help to mate female and male threads. The AIAX series uses a split receiver. I guess that the 48”lbs of tension on the locking screw that serves as a clamp is more to release the barrel for unscrewing it than for keeping the barrel in place.

POI change, there were a vid or two on YT where AI barrels and mounts were unscrewed and replaced. POI was close but for me I would sooner have zero POI shift due to the rifle than say  a 1/4 or 1/2 moa and be guessing if it’s the barrel, environmental conditions, me, whatever. It just takes one possible variable out of the equation.

The AI rifles are excellent systems if you don’t mind the weight obviously they are not a discipline specific rifle but I like mine.

31 minutes ago, ds1 said:

Lapua, take it for what it’s worth(nowt) as I am not an engineer or rifle smith. However I would be surprised if 60k psi right at the chamber / barrel threads didn’t to some extent help to mate female and male threads. The AIAX series uses a split receiver. I guess that the 48”lbs of tension on the locking screw that serves as a clamp is more to release the barrel for unscrewing it than for keeping the barrel in place.

POI change, there were a vid or two on YT where AI barrels and mounts were unscrewed and replaced. POI was close but for me I would sooner have zero POI shift due to the rifle than say  a 1/4 or 1/2 moa and be guessing if it’s the barrel, environmental conditions, me, whatever. It just takes one possible variable out of the equation.

The AI rifles are excellent systems if you don’t mind the weight obviously they are not a discipline specific rifle but I like mine.

now you tell me there heavy    lol

Archived