Manners stocks

Does anyone use a manners composite stock, they do an ambi stock for left handers, any comments. Is there a dealer for these stocks in the uk.

many thanks

i have used the manners stocks, and i all so believe ronin has.

i found him very good to deal with and all quoted times where just about spot on.

but and there is all ways a but, i think his stocks are quit heavy, (well the one i used was anyway) and it needed to be finished of IE painted.

i will stick to mc milan for myself but if a customer asks for one then i would not hesitate to use one again.

Tikka 260 has the stock and i believe he likes it.

i just think the gel coat on the mcmillans takes some beating, if you get a mark on it then you can just sand her out with a bit of 1000 grit wet and dry,and i bit of fairy liquid.

o and they look good as well.

this is the manners stock.

P1010128.jpg

P1010131.jpg

P1010130.jpg

you can go direct for the stocks, i believe he will deal with you.

ATB

Colin :rolleyes:

Colin is right, I am pleased with the Manners MCS-T stock, and I do think it is a tad weighty but not excessively so. The higher comb suits me well, it comes up very nicely into position and works well with the Lawton rail and Ken Farrell rings to give me the right 'picture' immediately.

All down to personal choice, I like the McMillan that I have on the Tikka, and I am sure the same will apply to the job thats being done for me at the moment on the Sako 7-08.

Good Luck with the idea.

ATB

T260

I own two rifles with Manners stocks and have fitted a handfull to various rifles.

They are ambidextrous (if you ask for this) most but not all Manners stocks can be made this way.

They are similar in weight to the Mcmillans, they are made from a carbon fibre outer skin and dense glass fibre fill (similar to Mcmillan)

The weight of the stock can be changed if you ask for different density "fill" material.

The stocks come in black, brown, tan, green, olive and grey.

They are best painted either as part of the order or by a custom finisher like Jager Sporting Arms when / after you recieve it in the UK.

They are very, very tough stocks, cost similar to Mcmillan and have a 12 week delivery time - unlike mcmillan....

Tom Manners will deal with you direct and its easy to place an order with him.

I think Jackson Rifles carry some of their stocks but you would have to check - as far as I am aware there is no UK importer.

If it makes any difference, I prefer Manners to Mcmillan.

Legion,

most important is to try out as many stocks as you can before you buy.

The stock makes the rifle comfortable, bad fit = bad shot and you don't enjoy the rifle.

Of the two Manners & McM, the Manners looks a bit better quality. But try if it fits.

edi

Thats the problem, being a lefty means no one has any stocks sat on the shelf, they are all to order. Thats why this site is so great, you guys offer good honest advice.

The hs stock on the rem vsf although left hand, just does not tick the boxes.

The one consolation is that the left hand stock should be a mirror image of the right and so a well fitting stock recommended on this site by a right handed person should be ok in its left hand variant.

What rifle do you have? is it a left hand rifle?

I went through the paces of shaping a stock and making a mould, one part was

to find a left-handed shooter to try the right-handed stock and help me shape it that

it is useable for a lefty. (thanks huntsman)

In most cases I don't think the cheek piece disturbs the fit much if on the wrong side.

but,

I've also seen some composite stocks that were so uncomfortable that I'd never put em

on my rifle. Left or right handed.

edi

Thats the problem, being a lefty means no one has any stocks sat on the shelf, they are all to order. Thats why this site is so great, you guys offer good honest advice.

The hs stock on the rem vsf although left hand, just does not tick the boxes.

The one consolation is that the left hand stock should be a mirror image of the right and so a well fitting stock recommended on this site by a right handed person should be ok in its left hand variant.

Hi

take a look here, there are lots of ambidextrous stocks and some left handers, not sure if there is anything you need,but worth a look

http://www.jacksonrifles.com/inventory.htm

ATB

Colin :rolleyes:

Archived