A BREAK IN THE RAIN AND OUT AGAIN

nemasis243

Well the forcast gave us a bit of a window tonight to get out and have a quick spin round, :mellow:

So we headed up to a local hill farmer who usually starts to lamb very early in the season, it was to see if we could mop up a couple of foxes before the xmas rush starts for him.

The ground is absolutely soaking , we were walking across fields and they were like sponges, (quite nice for the old back :ph34r: )

Any way we had a scan and saw two pairs of eyes in the next field , we couldnt shoot from where we were so made our way to the connecting gate very slow, I placed the Xsticks over the gate and got ready, my buddy flicked the lamp onto the furthest fox and I sqeezed a round off ,hitting the fox rite behind the shoulder, then he moved to the closer one which was only about 150yrds away,he didnt move ,he just stood side on facing the fox I had just shot at 180yrds.

I let rip and again the fox flopped to the deck as the bullet smacked it rite in the shoulder as well :D

13112008305.jpg

13112008304.jpg

We moved down to a small rough patch and started calling and acroos the river a charlie appeared he come half way down the field and just sat there looking at the light.I laid down on the muddy grass and lined up on the fox , and made a cracking head shot at a distance of 268yrds .

I will put the picture on here and I hope it dosent offend anyone, but it shows just what these rifles are capable of.

At least he didnt feel a thing.

18022008058.jpg

We stopped off at a couple of other places on the way , just to have a look at what was about and we spied 8 other foxes :) on pieces of land we have to shoot on , but we are going to wait a few weeks to see if its gonna dry up a little before we start on these as the fields are just full of mud which is upto your shins and is no pleasure when wading through it.

Archived