Atlas bipod what one

I have the BT-8 and the only downside to it is that the legs rotate on themselves, this makes loading the bipod on hard flat ground somewhat difficult. I think this issue was addressed in the later models though. very expensive bipod but very good. to be honest however, for traditional rifle stocks i prefer the harris.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the CAL I don’t think they have reached our shores just yet. 

I’ve had both of the standard model & the PSR. Both are excellent, but prefer the fixed legs on the PSR for the reasons said above. Can’t say I noticed the limitations in cant/movement. 

If your also vermin shooting with it, I would suggest the PSR would more suited to you over the CAL. 

Are they good value for money, not really, is it 3 times better than a Harris SBRM. No. But is it better yes. Once you’ve gotten over paying that much for a bipod, you will love it. 

On 8/23/2018 at 9:37 AM, stephentri said:

Looking for a new bipod for informal target and vermin shooting looking at the atlas models is it worth going for the prs version have any of you used both and are able to compare. 

Unless you really need one right now, I’d be tempted to wait. The US military put out a tender for a new bipod design and none of the existing models on the market met the standard so you are about to see a glut of new designs and models coming through over the next few months in spec with the tender. I think some might even have exhibited at the Precision Rifle Expo last week but I hear they are a vast improvement over what options are out there at the moment. 

Personally, I run the Atlas PRS. It’s ok but I wouldn’t buy it again.

1 hour ago, stephentri said:

Hi  tjc may I ask why you would not buy one  again, what would you go for 

It’s expensive for what it is imho. Don’t get me wrong, it does what you want it to do but I’ve gone back to the Harris with a podlock and  spiked feet. For me, it’s faster to deploy and locks up tighter than the Atlas which loosens itself. Admittedly, it’s not as cool looking.

https://www.sportingservices.co.uk/collections/sporting-services/products/podlock-for-the-harris-s-swivel-head-bipod

There is a good thread here you might like to read:

https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/who-has-gone-back-to-a-harris.6897655/

Archived