100g .243 load

lambsey

Does anybody have any loads for a 243 using viht 160, and sierra 100g gamekings?

I run 43.5 grns in my M595, but would suggest perhaps beginning with 42grns Viht 160 and proceed 1/2 a grain at a time till you find the most accurate,

if your rifle is 1in12 twist you may or may not achieve tight groups, however with 100grn bullets anything around an 1" group would be fairly acceptable for a hunting round. 85-90 grain bullets seem to group better in 1in12 twist rifles and are just as effective for deer, but if you're loading for large deer in Scotland then 100grns it must be, I didn't realise scottish deer could weigh bullets.

Pete.

since when has it been a good idea to publicy state you are breaking the law ;) no one is whiter than white,but please guys show a little sense when posting

That's why I mentioned the need for 100grns in Scotland Pete, not for a moment would anyone consider using lighter surely? ;)

Pete

I use 41.2 gr N160 behind 100gr Sierra gameking in Lapua brass with Federal primers in my Remmy 700. Gives 2843fps at muzzle and will shoot under 1" all day long. How law abiding is that!! Just a shame i didn't get to put it to the ultimate test in Scotland last week!!

since when has it been a good idea to publicy state you are breaking the law ;) no one is whiter than white,but please guys show a little sense when posting

Never actually said this is the load i use for large deer and therefore im not publicly stating anythin, however being from scotland i know the very well what the law states. this load is well over the legal muzzel energy and velocity for roe, which i mainly shoot.

i was just stating a fact, it will put anything down!

Who made up these so called laws anyway? a pencil pusher sitting at a desk probably!

As i will maintain my theory accuracy is far more importants than bullet selection, some of you guys mite object, however this is my opinion, im not going to blow smoke about the matter!

Archived