Sako 75 270 win

col48

Hi all

just thought i would show you one of the 2 rifles i have just got completed,(the other chap is on holiday,so i will wait for him to get back)

The rifle is a sako 1V stainless and she came to me as a 270 win, we had a chat about the options and he decided to keep it as a 270 win. so the barrel was ordered.

1x 270 super match grade S/S barrel1 in 10 twist# 1400 heavy weight sporterShank O,D 1.120"Length 23" when fitted to rifle,Fluted

this weight barrel is i feel ideal for stalking as when fluted you lose about 2 contours weight,so it makes for a nice light carry rifle,and as you will see looks a treat,

the barrel was ordered on 23/07/08

we then had a look on Jackson's web site for a stoke,and luckily enough Pete Jackson had one that was coming in from MC Milan in a few months, Andrew the rifle owner liked it and the stock was ordered.

m7125-cp21.jpg

The stock that came has got green in it,but it does not show up very good,but it might do the next time we see her.

All parts where here on time,(now that makes a change) so we just had to get the rifle put together and bedded, and then proofed,

this took longer than normal but still was completed in 2 weeks, the rifle all so has an invisible end cap,And i have had the bolt fluted.

The photos are not the best but here she is.

P1010255.jpg

Sorry the flutes don't stand out,

P1010256.jpg

P1010257.jpg

P1010258.jpg

her is one with my pup,O how they grow

P1010254.jpg

P1010261.jpg

The bedding turned out fantastic with no marks in there at all,(the sako 75 is a bit more trickier than the rem or other round actions)

we still have a couple of jobs to do on her, badger bolt knob to fit and vapour blasting the barrel and PES mod. and I'm sure the new owner will put up pictures of the completed rifle, O and the sako rings have been coated in dura coat as has the badger bolt knob.

The rifle i believe will be completed next week, and i am meant to be going down south to hand her over,and the owner has asked if i would like a morning on the fallow, don't think i could say no to a free morning on the fallow :D there is a range there and we can put the rifle through her paces,

ATB

Colin :D

Guest varmartin

Stunning looking rifle, the new owner is sure to be pleased with her.....

Looking forward to a range report now..

I do like those fluted bolts !!

i went down the same road myself ,lother walther heavy sporter barrel in .270 win with a mussel brake , mc millan varmint stock olive black, dura coat ,sako set trigger had to steal that .i have shot half inch groups with factory ammo at 200 yards .it shoots all ammo very well loves norma 110gr v max ,i hope yours shoots as well

Lovely job Colin..... :D

HI

I think the #1400 fluted is a good weight barrel for a stalking rifle,i was quit surprised how light it is,but she still has the scope and stuff to go on her,And when the barrel has been blasted i think she will look a treat.

ATB

Youv'e done it again Col, I'm sure another very satisfied customer.

Silly question maybe, but what is "vapour blasting" is it like matted shot blast finish ?? :lol:

Enjoy the fallow :D:D

Steve

Hi Steve

As far as i know there is only Neil (dasherman) that is offering this service, its a bit like bead blasting but with water,

I'm sure Neil will elaborate if its a lot different.

http://www.andybuysbikes.com/Vapour%20blasting.htm

ATB

Guest northernchris

Vapour blasting is a form of abrasive blasting but the media is carried in the water,gives a slightly duller finish than "dry" types of bead blasting.There are many types/grades of media that can be used for different finishs and jobs.

Hi Guys ,

Hope you don't mind me adding that my RPA 6.5-284 was vapour blasted and it was a lovely dull colored purple/ black , seems hard wearing too!!!

Nice rifle by the way Col......... :lol::D

All the best...............

RAY............................. :D :D

Archived