cost of cases

lambsey

Hi Buddy ,

As for PPC cases you can either buy them from Lapua 220 Russian cases which was around the £62.00 mark

And the sako 6PPC USA cases were around £90 and was cheaper to buy the loaded USA cases with the 70 grain matchking which were £80 , but this was quite a while ago as i use 220 Russian now!!!

But it depends on your chamber spec!!! to see if you have to turn your necks!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best.................

RAY................................... :blink::(

6.5x47 were/are £87 per 100

That was last week they have gone up ,,,,,yet again :(

Think yourselves lucky, 338LM are £260 / 100 :blink:

That was last week they have gone up ,,,,,yet again :(

Think yourselves lucky, 338LM are £260 / 100 :blink:

What price are they now?

I must admit this whole reloading lark is getting way to expensive, today I bought 100 Lapua 6BR cases, 100 90 gr scenars 6BR, 100 6BR 105 scenars, 100 6.5 123 gr scenars, 100 6.5 Sierra match kings and three spear tip jags, totaling £196

Luckily Reloading solutions didn't have any 120 gr 6.5 Amax unfortunately Norman Clark did, while I was there I thought I may as well stock up on 64 gr Berger match in .22 cal,200 of each! I didn't even bother inquiring about the price, but it will be well over a ton, so £300 on bullets and brass, it's starting to make me wonder.

Reloading is never the cheaper option (when you are serious), accuracy, accuracy, accuracy

Chasing the unachievable mate - cheap accuracy :blink::D:excl: reality check, its expensive, and getting more so :excl::(

cheap? me? yes of course?

it depends what you are looking to achieve. I aim for hunting ammunition that is more accurate than factory and allows me to use the bullet of my choice that is cheaper than factory stuff. This allows me to practise more and shoot better. I try to find one recipe and stick with it as much as i can. i have just worked up a load with 165gr sgk 60 gr of imr 4350 and cci primers. this gives me a sub moa grouping flat shooting round that costs about 60p a round (pure guess) I also know that i can go out and buy all of these componants tomorrow and shoot a tester group and it will be right.

however, i am also subject to the "i wonder if a different powder might be better shall i try N150 this time?" syndrome which is why i also have a load of loaded odds and sods taking up my allowance.

swampy

cheap, downright dirty and cheap

I agree with you swampy.

Stick with one load and your laughin

Ronin your putting me off a 338LM saying things like that :rolleyes: haha

Im in the lucky situation my 6BR loves 87gr V-Max and shoots very well, it also loves 87 Hollow point, so ive got my deer rounds, my varmite rounds (love varmite on toast)

And an off box of 90 gr scenars if i want to be naughty ( .2 inch groups) and put small holes in peices of far away paper hehe!

27.8gr of N140 for the scenars

30gr on N140 for the 87's....

A 2lb tub goes a long way :lol:

As my little european friend winson243 says "jobs a fish!!"

Fortunately, I don't buy cases too often and most if looked after are good for 10 reloads if not more regardless of calibre.

I have Lap and Norma brass for the target rifles and some of the stalkers, but if you work cheaper stuff, you can get decent accuracy, it just takes more time prepping each case.

I use cheap win brass in the 22-250AI that shoots very well, again, more case prep required but end results same or similar to expensive.....at least thats my own experience, plus out in the field it doesnt matter as much if you lose the odd one from the LR top whilst foxing etc.

Archived