Footwear what do you use?

nemasis243

Just another little post to see what do you guys recon is the best footwear out there for general shooting/stalking.

I have been a fan of Matterhorn highleg gortex boots for years ,I have had a few pairs and they have always done me proud the only downside is the wieght ,there not the lightest boot in the world,

I have been told that the neoprene Muck Boot wellie is not bad has anyone tried them?

Good question Captin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::blush:

Myself , i suffer from getting really cold feet when the rest of my body is warm ( i must have bad circulation in my feet ) , was thinking winter pack boots , what do you guys recommend?????

All the best......................

RAY................................. :D;)

I rate Le-chameau boots and wellies, the mouflon plus are excellent over rough ground as they have that bit extra ankle support, the only down side is that they aren't cheap at about 190 pounds a pair. They do wear well though so its one of those you get what you pay for scenarios.

www.le-chameau-clothing.co.uk

Guest northernchris

What did kal have probs with them???? Never had an once of bother with them nearly alway had a pair over the last 20 odd years.

Mouflon are ok but sqeek like funk!!

Preferance of Boots is the same as mods and rifles each to their own.

What did kal have probs with them???? Never had an once of bother with them nearly alway had a pair over the last 20 odd years.

Mouflon are ok but sqeek like funk!!

Preferance of Boots is the same as mods and rifles each to their own.

You need to make sure the cows dead before you put them on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest northernchris

Really

I have had 2 pairs of Meindl Burma Pro sent back over the last 5 years because the rand came away from the leather upper.So for me thats why i like the Lundhags and Hoggs Fully sprung.

They all have the + and - points just depends what you expect from your footwear.

I have had Danner "Matterhorn" for years and they have done well, followed by their "gamekeeper boot", but they just about last the day before becomming wet and clammy inside. I went onto the LeChameau Mouflon ( I have the medium and high + ones) and have never had more comfortable and dry boots even after a long day on the hill. Squeaking can happen on any make of lether boot/shoe and it means something is loose and rubbing, send them back they will replace them. Had a bad experience with Lundhags a few years back when looking for alternative to Danners and have not bothered since.

It pays to shop around, I dont pay anywhere near £190 for my Mouflon plus.

Redfox

I used to have two pairs of Brasher Ridgemaster walking boots which were pretty much unbeatable (untill age got the better of them)

Now I use Meindle, cannot recall the model, but mine are similar to those already posted about - waterproof, warm in winter and very durable, relatively inexpensive too if I recall.

Wont be looking elswhere for many years I hope.

I have aways used trainers in summer and wellies in winter, La Chameau with the blue lining (Verizinord?) keep my dodgy feet warm as toast in the winter. Seem fairly robust as well, I have not yet managed to bust them after maybe 5 or 6 years but in the early years I only wore them for best. Now they are working wellies..

I have only lately come to boots and now wear a pair of cheap walking boots this summer all the while unless its wet. I will need a longer set and a set of gaiters for the winter though.

A

Eldon

They let water in and there was a bad bit of stitching. They bodged up the stitching and sent them back, they still let water in so sent them back again.

They then said I was expecting too much from them ( less than an hour in wet grass and wet feet!! )so I just told the retailer money back please, he suggested the Mouflons as an alternative and cheaper and I have never looked back.

I have to say even the Danners (which were older technology) I have had to stand in a hill stream with the water more than halfway up the boot and they would not let it in and the Mouflons are the same, I have a mate with the mouflons for 8 yrs now and his are going strong with little or no maintenance.

Redfox

Same here for the Lundhags, had a pair for New Zealand, new that is, and they let water in from the word go. :P Told the retailer before I went and he said he will send them back to Sweden and get them silicon waxed...stuff that, hes having them back I will stick with Meindls.

Had 2 pair of Meindls for 7-8 years gave them hell, they were great boots, however, the Dovre Extremes are not as good (IMO) as the Elbrus Pro I had.

Archived