help need with data

Guest sako

Don't know if anyone can help me here on the forum. I sent my FAC into Derbyshire police to do a one for one. I wanted to change my .243 that I had bought as a project, to be changed to a 6x47. The police contacted me stating that the 6x47 was a bigger caliber therefore I needed all my land checking again. I stated it was not but they said I would have to send load data in and energy of the 2 calibres. Can anyone do me 2 comparisons of the 2 calibres using the same charge and bullet weight and also giving the energy off both? My firearms officer is looking into it for me, but just in case they stick to their decision, if I've got the information to hand, I can send it in to avoid any delay.

Many thanks

John

Your FLO are having a laugh aren't they!!!!

Do they actually have anyone working there that has any firearms knowledge, i would be writing a letter to the chief constable alerting him of his firearms licensing office's incompetence.

You are under no obligation to prove that one cartridge is bigger or more powerful then another, thats their job, make them do it, they came up with such a rediculously statement then they should have the proof to back it up.

Let them re-check your land as well, if they say no, THEN hit them with the proof that 243 is in fact more powerful then 6x47.

Ian.

Send the dumb twats a ruler.

Apart from the muppets not knowing whether a .243 is actually a 6mm......all they require to know, is the actually bullet calibre...in law the case, or cartridge is irrelevant. If your land has been passed for fullbore, and it obviously has [because you already have a .243] then, providing you have the appropriate quarry, you can have whatever fullbore you wish.

Get them to put their incompetence in writing, then go over their heads....talk to the doctor....not the disease.

Archived