Ppu Privi Soft Point - Exp - any data or info ?

treetop

Hi,

I am after any information on the new advertised ppu bullets that are being sold ( Henry Krank )

Mainly anyone with experience of 6.5mm 139gr SP BT ,

They are cheap & wondered how effective they are - although they are ugly as sin looking !

Cheers

I have shot quite a few of these 139 (or in the States, 140... depending on who is advertising them) and they will shoot sub MOA from my FN 6.5x55 over a full charge of IMR 7828 SSC.. They are very effective on whitetail and mule deer out to 200 yards, for sure, because I have used them on deer out that far. They tend to act like a 140 Game King on these animals. They are very inexpensive and make a good hunting/off hand practice bullet. I shoot a similarly configured PPU bullet in 7mm through 7x57 and 7-08. Very effective on deer. ~Andrew

Here's a Prvi Partizan 140 grain soft point bullet from a factory PPU 6.5 x 55mm round. I recovered it from the very first deer I ever shot, a 17½ stone 9-point red stag in 2010.

From a lasered 180 yards it broke the beast's right foreleg, blew the top off its heart, traversed the chest cavity and lodged just under the skin on the left side. It was fired from a Sako 75:

DSCF6191.jpg

I still have it.

maximus otter

good afternoon,i have used the 139 gr soft point in 6.5x55 for a few months,no problems i have killed pigeon,rabbit,fox and deer all with no problem out to 350 yards on vermin and out to 250 on roe/muntjac.all bullets left golf ball size exit and very little bruising.for some reason the first fox ranged at 112 yards looked like it had been it by a v-max lots of damage.these bullets are accurate and work well.. only wish the canalure was a bit deeper into the bullet.i dont seat into the canalure but i think they help with expansion very good bullets for the money.

At one time these bullets were available here for $14.50/100 and i bought quite a few of them. They are not exactly a svelte looking bullet but they do work on game. I gave my son in law a Howa 30-06 and 100 handloads using the 165 grain version of this bullet, load on virgin brass. On his first outing with this set-up he shot a whitetail doe at 75 yards, then shot it's fleeing friend when it made the mistake of stopping 200 yards off for a look. To date, he has never had to fire a second shot at a deer. Needless to say, the boy is sold on these bullets. The first deer i shot with a PPU bullet was at about 170 yards in a snow storm. It was a huge mule deer doe standing broadside. I shot her through the lungs with my 7x57 and she went down, got up, went 5 yards and collapsed. The lethality evident was impressive.~Andrew

Archived