Powder recommendations

stephentri

Hi I am reloading for .223 77grain TMK and 69 grain TMK with n140 getting good results. but I can no longer get n140 ( n.Ireland hard to get powder at times ) could any of you recommend a powder I can get reloader and hodgdon powder.

Thanks

Cfe 223 was designed for heavy 223 bullets, Mervyn Young has it. Shoots extremely well for those 2 weights of bullet.

Hi I would like to try rs powder but no one stocks it that I know of in n.lreland

That's why I never mentioned it, even though I use it myself

Any of the regular powders will do, although some will be better than others

RL15 should give excellent results

CFE 223 meters extremely well and I've done loads for 3 different .223 rifles with it, all have shot sub .5moa 5 shot groups with good velocity as well. Never tried RL15 but if Bradders says it'll work I'm sure it does, only thing I'd say about CFE 223 is you need hot primers to get the best from it. Rem71/2 or CCI Br4's

I'm using h335 at the moment with very good results. Tannyoky had about 60 tubs of it the last time I enquired.

blc 2 or varget. mpl eglington had vit last week when we were lifting benchmk & blc2. did you try tannyoky they even had varget last time i was up.

Plus 1 on Tannyoky. They got a big shipment of powder in last month. With blc2 you will struggle to hit 3000 fps without filling the case up.

Archived