MAKING A BENCHREST

1967spud

last night i had a chance to borrow a mates benchrest table. i used it , and my god it was so much better than the landy bonnet

does anybody have any plans or advice on making one out of wood?

thanks mark

last night i had a chance to borrow a mates benchrest table. i used it , and my god it was so much better than the landy bonnet

does anybody have any plans or advice on making one out of wood?

thanks mark

hi

take a look at this thread.

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11

the chap that owns the site all so sells the bencher's, give shootingbags a pm he will sort you out.

ATB

Colin :lol:

There you go, took a morning to make, from scrap timber, cost, nowt;

post-6246-1219657623_thumb.jpgpost-6246-1219657642_thumb.jpgpost-6246-1219657661_thumb.jpgpost-6246-1219657684_thumb.jpg

cheers mate what dimension did you end up with?

also if you done it agaiin would you alter/change any thing

thanks mark

Regards the changes, this was the second one, the first lasted around ten years, the only change from the mark 1 was access to the seat, walk in rather than step over a support, and a lip to stop spent cases rolling off into grass. (essential)!

Legs are 4 x 2, top is decking, although 3/4 plywood would probably be easier, the decking was a freeby! Bottom runners are 4 x 4, which means that they act as skids, and any influx of rabbits can be dealt with by tying the bench to the motor and dragging it off to the area. If you don't intend to move it, 4 x 2 will be fine.

A couple of coach bolts covered with plastic pipe act as gun rests at the rear.

Height measurements I can't remember, I used a dinner table and chair to get the heights! Sprawl across your dining table with a gun and see how it feels, preferably not whilst you have guests for dinner though.

Regards the changes, this was the second one, the first lasted around ten years, the only change from the mark 1 was access to the seat, walk in rather than step over a support, and a lip to stop spent cases rolling off into grass. (essential)!

Legs are 4 x 2, top is decking, although 3/4 plywood would probably be easier, the decking was a freeby! Bottom runners are 4 x 4, which means that they act as skids, and any influx of rabbits can be dealt with by tying the bench to the motor and dragging it off to the area. If you don't intend to move it, 4 x 2 will be fine.

A couple of coach bolts covered with plastic pipe act as gun rests at the rear.

Height measurements I can't remember, I used a dinner table and chair to get the heights! Sprawl across your dining table with a gun and see how it feels, preferably not whilst you have guests for dinner though.

thanks mate i could always cut up the dining table

she who must not be named may be not impressed though

i will try and make one this week then get some piccies up

thanks mark

Archived