Emily Lenton. Sports person awards tonight.

Young Emily Lenton who is an excellent UKBRA benchrest shooter and mentored by Dad Bruce Lenton and Granddad Tony Lenton has been nominated for a young sportsperson award up in this neck of the woods. The awards are this evening and I do hope that Emily wins this award to not only show our sport in good light but to showcase her skills and expertise. Good luck Emily.

Hi Guys,

Here's the update.......

Emily was nominated for Young Sportswoman of the Year at the Tyndale Sports awards, the category was for Under 19 year olds!, as some of you know, she is only 9!

Sadly Emily didnt win, but they did sing her praises and she was shortlisted for the final tonight where she was a runner up.

She received a Certificate of Merit presented by Allyson Curbishley.....

Emily was and still is highly excited by this and it has spurred her on to keep trying to win and represent our sport to the best of her ability whenever she can.

I too was nominated for the Sportsman of the Year and my fate was the same as Emily.

Good news is that the local paper want to do a piece on the family shooting, so a good public face for shooting sports.

Thanks to everyone for your support, not only today but everyone who has helped Emily since the day she started, she really loves her shooting and has said her aim is to go to the WBC in Italy in 2019.

Cheers

Bruce

IMG_1690_zps2eehpizk.jpg

Fantastic Emily and well done. Looking forwards to being beaten by you throughout 2017.

Plus one on Les's 'Well Done!' Emily................... but, some of us old bald-headed geezers in The Evil Empire are fighting back these days, so none of this defeatist talk Prior!

Plus one on Les's 'Well Done!' Emily................... but, some of us old bald-headed geezers in The Evil Empire are fighting back these days, so none of this defeatist talk Prior!

Yes a 'big up' to Emily for her achievements in 2016.

But once the New Year starts my friend it will be 'no more Mr Nice Guy' although I will be a very polite gentleman with a friendly persona to all and sundry, on the inside I will be a maelstrom of malevolent forces hell bent on destroying any and all that get in my way to victory in 2017.

Especially any 9 year old wunderkinds who just happen to be around 4ft 9.1/2 inches tall and answer to the name of Emily :D

Beware of the bald headed geezers as we are about to strike back at the forces of goodness and light. Now time for a cup of tea and a few gingernut biscuits.

See you next year.

Les (Darth Maul) Prior.

Archived