superb little head torch

just bought one of these fantastic bit of kit small,light and easy fits in your pocket,having ther retarcable draw string it will attach to anyhting ideal for placing on a deer if at dark if you need to go back an fetch a vehicle or ideal for placing on a bullet strike on dark to pin point a shot to follow up a lost animal,

Picture426.jpg

Picture427.jpg

heres the spec

http://www.simplyhike.co.uk/ProductDetails...x?StockID=16351

Look at the price :D

I bought 3 similar size torches off ebay for £6. They have the simple elastic headband strip. Ideal for slipping in your pocket and at that price is not a problem if you lose them.

I also have a couple of everready units and the bonus with them is they have a red led as well as 2 whites. Good for night vision or for the kids to wear on the back of their heads if caught out in the dark. They are £11 I think from Argos.

Yes have to agree guys ................... typical yorkshireman :lol::lol:

The quality is not bad to be fair but the switch could be more positive.

Petzl's good gear I have had some previously but not cheap. With the ones I bought I just view them as disposable. The LED as opposed to bulb will last forever so I suppose it comes down to the design and construction.

It do's make you wonder what the true manufacturing cost of the petzl gear is though if these others are so cheap?

I also carry a 2x aa cell maglite and this is built well. No internal corrosion with the o rings and it carries a spare bulb. Been shooting, caving back up and walking with it for years.

Yes have to agree guys ................... typical yorkshireman :lol::lol:

Petzl's good gear I have had some previously but not cheap. With the ones I bought I just view them as disposable. The LED as opposed to bulb will last forever so I suppose it comes down to the design and construction.

It do's make you wonder what the true manufacturing cost of the petzl gear is though if these others are so cheap?

I also carry a 2x aa cell maglite and this is built well. No internal corrosion with the o rings and it carries a spare bulb. Been shooting, caving back up and walking with it for years.

Like most things in life, you get what you pay for.

My younger son had a fetish for torches and has bought a wide variety including LED headlights. The LED cheapies all had various probs including the LEDs either fading or actually failing. I've now got down on his main-brander and it's still going great.

Likewise, the genuine Maglites- they're bullet-proof compared to the generics. Scored a good deal on one of my prev trips to the States- a Leatherman Supertool + Maglite in a cordura belt pouch for US$45. Good combo.

Chris-NZ

Why rely on batteries ??? We've all been 'left in the dark' at some time or another!!! :D

These look pretty good - a mate of mine has one and it's not bad B)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wind-Up-Head-Torch-D...86.c0.m14.l1318

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-x-LED-Wind-Up-Dyna...86.c0.m14.l1318

Oly is this some sort of wind up...... :DB)

A friend has a hand held version and it comes with adaptors so you can charge your mobile phone up in an emergency. I thought that was a good idea but it do's make a bulky torch.

Nice one Eldon! B)

My mates is just the same size/weight as my head torch (and no my headtorch is not a 6D cell Maglight taped to my head! :D )

Archived