steiner military 2.5-25x 56 vs s&b PMII 2.5-50 scopes

bart.hertog

hi people,

im looking for a new scope and thus time i want to buy a quality scope for long range shooting so ive begon searching for some scopes and came out on 2 scopes that have my attention:

- steiner military 2.5-25x56 scope

- s&b PMII 2.5-50x56 scope

in my opinion these are both very good scopes but can anyone tell me wich one is the best or wich one would i chose ?

do somebody have experience with the minox zp5 5-25 x 56 scope ?

I believe one of the Finnish members does ... ... ... Matti P?

I presume that's a typo - the Schmidt is a 12-50x56.

If I was spending that kind of money, unquestionably I would choose the Schmidt. I have a 5-25x56 and have never once regretted spending the money.

At the British Shooting Show I was able to compare each of those models just a few minutes apart. The glass on the Steiner was OK, but I thought that the turrets were so-so. The Minox I thought was a bit clearer, but again had rather soft clicks. The Khales were very nice indeed; they seemed very close to the Schmidts. The Schmidts have amazing glass and clicks like a German bank vault. One thing with the 12-50 though; your eye relief has to be spot on. You might want to consider the new 5-45 model as well; that looked amazing!

im deciding between the :

- minox zp5

- steiner military 5-25x56

- premier heritage 5-25x56

one of these scopes it will be

I have a Steiner military 5-25x56 with the msr reticle. It feels bombproof and would say it's on par with the s&b equivalent.

Bert,

I'd not drop the S&B from your list, they are real nice optically and physically.

I would add though the March 5-40 x 56, I swapped my S&B 5-25 for this scope with no regrets.

The later Kahles are well thought out.

Re. Premier - though they were no longer made being bought by ATI and supported (warrant wise) by TT?

You need to if at all possible look through the scopes as I've come to the conclusion that a persons preference at this level of scope is down to 'that' persons eyes i.e. the coatings used by one manufacturer will suit one person but not the next - if that makes sense?

Brgds Terry

Archived