UK Varminting 500 yard club.

6mmBR

Guest varmartin

I was thinking along the lines of maybe starting a bit lower...ie,

250 yards

500 yards

750 yards

1000 yards

I think things would be achievable for some of the guys/girls that are new to the sport.........to give them an achievable goal.

We all started at the close ones and progressed, so for those with realistic equipement ( lower mag scopes etc ) could this be do-able ??

We could also do a 1024 yard Robinsons Gollywog patch for Silent..... :rolleyes::P

This is a brilliant idea. Maybe cloth transfer patches (like you used to get in scouts....) could be done with the UKV logo and a number overlay for the distance. These could be done easily & cheaply at any embroidery shop with computer printer transfer gear. Just an idea.

Also hows about a 1,250 and 1,500 club :rolleyes: I'm still working on convincing one of the farmers, to let a few of us shoot there together. He's 78 and still can't believe you can get colour TV, if you know what I mean...I'll offer to help with the cider harvest and I'm sure that will help....If its a yes your more than welcome to come and shoot out to 2,000 or so yards. Its a lovely spot: no roads or houses and clear field of view up a valley for nearly 2 km, with a 250 foot hill as a backstop! I'll start a new thread in due course hopefully.

good idea Martin gives the likes of us not so long range shooters something to work up to,will have to get my mate to join up so i have a creditable witness

good idea Martin gives the likes of us not so long range shooters something to work up to,will have to get my mate to join up so i have a creditable witness

Have to agree Foxshot, great way to encourage everyone to participate, your lucky you've got some friends. :D:wacko:

Love Tiff's idea regarding the cloth badges. Tell us what badges you got in the Scouts, Tiff ?? :rolleyes::P

Cheers Steve

As always guys thanks for the input!!! :rolleyes::P

I am at the moment running this idea past the owners and moderators of the site and hope to do a " sticky " thread where you can do your writeup and " qualify " so to speak for the prospective club!!!

As for patches , we shall have to see what prices we can come out with , but in all fairness its all your guys support that matters here too!!!! :D:wacko:

Thanks again lads we shall see what we can do!!!

All the best...................

RAY....................................... :huh::D

Guest Remmy
As always guys thanks for the input!!! :rolleyes::P

I am at the moment running this idea past the owners and moderators of the site and hope to do a " sticky " thread where you can do your writeup and " qualify " so to speak for the prospective club!!!

As for patches , we shall have to see what prices we can come out with , but in all fairness its all your guys support that matters here too!!!! :D:wacko:

Thanks again lads we shall see what we can do!!!

All the best...................

RAY....................................... :huh::D

i work with a guy who has just set up his own embroidery business he does football strips, and name badges that sort of stuff i will ask him if he could do a badge log, and what the cost would be for say 50 badges, dave.

i work with a guy who has just set up his own embroidery business he does football strips, and name badges that sort of stuff i will ask him if he could do a badge log, and what the cost would be for say 50 badger, dave.

Hi Dave ,

Thanks for that i really appreciate the input!!!! ;) ;)

Please PM me when you know more!!! ;)

Thanks and all the best.....................

RAY............................................ :D;)

Gets my vote ;)

And mine ;);)

Thanks lads!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):D

Its up and running now!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

All the best....................

RAY................................. :D :D

Well guys, I've just returned from a weekend down in Cornwall.

I met up with Ray and we had a chat about things.

Well its all looking good ;) and I think Tim, Gary and Ray deserve our thanks for putting it all together.

Please all post away in the appropriate sections as your stories is what keeps this forum interesting.

Hopefully with a more permanent record of things it will spur on new members and old to have a go.

I think the graduated system is great and hopefully people will climb up the ladder ;)

It will be interesting to see how this all evolves over time so get out there and give the vermin hell.

Cheers all and thanks for your input.

Dave

One thing it will do is encourage members to get together for a blam, no good nailing something without a witness. I think shorter range patches are a good idea. Some people's ground make long shots unusual. In probaly 15 years with a centerfire my longest is just short of 300 yards. Only ever fired one round at a rabbit beyond that once. I can go further but am unlikely to find targets at further distances except maybe an odd crow.

A

One thing it will do is encourage members to get together for a blam, no good nailing something without a witness. I think shorter range patches are a good idea. Some people's ground make long shots unusual. In probaly 15 years with a centerfire my longest is just short of 300 yards. Only ever fired one round at a rabbit beyond that once. I can go further but am unlikely to find targets at further distances except maybe an odd crow.

A

Hi Buddy ,

If you ever fancy a visit to Cornwall to get out there a bit further you are more then welcome!!! :P :P ( i am sure the Cornish fruit slayers can help!! ;) )...................

We are very fortunate to have fields that average 300 - 400yds long , and when you have some rolling valleys it enables us to reach out that much further...

Also handy to test your " varminting " loads at the various ranges to see how " we " perform with our load / rifle combination before we take on pests at range!!!

All the best.......................

RAY........................................... ;):D

A

You are right there my problem is my usual shooting mate has no intrest in joining this site so a credible witnes is a problem in my neck of the woods,but good luck to all those that try to get there

Archived