UK Varminting 500 yard club.

6mmBR

Do you think lads we should have our own 500 yard club.

There's quite a few of us on here have acheived it and a lot more are aspiring to it.

Long range pest shooting seems to be coming more popular with members on here, so what about a "hall of fame"

Maybe a permanent sticky on here listing members acheivements and a small write up.

What do you lads think and one for the moderators to mull over?

Cheers

Dave

Do you think lads we should have our own 500 yard club.

There's quite a few of us on here have acheived it and a lot more are aspiring to it.

Long range pest shooting seems to be coming more popular with members on here, so what about a "hall of fame"

Maybe a permanent sticky on here listing members acheivements and a small write up.

What do you lads think and one for the moderators to mull over?

Cheers

Dave

great idea you we could have gold silver and bronze varminting medals ;):o

and a mounted wooden spoon for the biggest close range miss of the year :lol:

all the best bruxie

Good call Dave as you said there are a lot of people aiming for the 500, I think it would be good and wood generate another section to the site in the form of a picture hall of fame maybe?

But I think people with a 6ppc-shooting 58grn Vax may struggle to make it :lol:;):o:lol:

I surpose it would have to done similar to the American Varmint Hunters in the fact that the shot will have to be witnessed by a member or two.

But sounds good to me. :D

It was just an idea as posts roll off with time, just to have a permanent record of interesting shots.

A section or making it a sticky would be good.

As some one said we could have shot of the year and for fun the easiest shot missed :lol:

I don't know, ideas are welcome then perhaps one of the moderators could sort out a permanent section.

Cheers for the replies so far keep the ideas coming in.

Cheers

Dave

dam good idea mate i think i have made it for the worst miss today i was sat at work around one of the pens when i saw a squizzer sat in the bow of a tree about 35 yards away picked the .22 of the quad took a mag out the box cocked the bolt took aim and click looked at the mag and it was empty of all the ones to pick up it had to be the only empty one in the quad box what an absolute tit i felt ;) quick mag change and down came the squizzer with a head ache the biggest trouble was my boss was stood beside me when i missed so im in for some p$%s taking now :lol:

I'm glad to see everyone is up for it, but any suggestions of what you want would be handy.

So moderators is it possible to have a section opened up?

Cheers

Dave

Well Dave what a cracking idea!!! :D :D

We shall chat about it when you come down this weekend!!!! :D

What about a ukvarminting 500yd badge which you could buy on acheiving such a shot????

Andy....

Quote.......................

But I think people with a 6ppc-shooting 58grn Vax may struggle to make it ;):lol:

Thats what Martin said to my rifle before i went away to Wales to see you guys and see what happened ( i think he must of upset me rifle ) - no egg was safe and the poor welsh vermin had a hell of a time!!!!

Thanks lads and all the best.....................

RAY........................... :D :D

A great idea may have to change cal to get there

Hi Foxshot ,

With that nice bit of kit you got there buddy , in the right conditions you should be able to get there!!!!! ;):lol:

All the best........................

RAY....................................................... :D :D

Good idea Ray, we'll try to put a plan together and perhaps you could sort something out with Gary and Tim.

See you soon.

Dave

Shall do buddy!!!

See you soon and have a safe journey!!!!

All the best....................

RAY.......................................... :lol:;)

What would be helpful is some input from you lads as what you think we should put together.

Your ideas will help Ray and I sort things out.

Cheers

Dave

Ray, Dave is gonna bring the shirt and pda down so you will have to catch up with him at some point, take it easy Captain :lol: ,have you tried the 87grners yet in the PPC , by they way what does PPC stand for Ray ;) ,

Ray, Dave is gonna bring the shirt and pda down so you will have to catch up with him at some point, take it easy Captain :D ,have you tried the 87grners yet in the PPC , by they way what does PPC stand for Ray ;) ,

Thanks very much Andy!!!!! :D :D

PPC stands for " P**SING PEST CRUNCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::D

PPC really stands for Palmisano and Pindell Cartridge - named after the the designers - Dr.Louis Palmisano and Ferris Pindell... and the C for Cartridge..................................

As for 87s buddy early days but looking good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Thanks again and all the best......................

RAY........................................ :D;)

I'm all for it guys, now that i have a good load for my 22-250 AI i hope to achieve that goal soon.

I think a system of validation is needed along the lines of submission to a nominated 500yd secretary, a signed witness statement, a photo of the shooter with the deceased varmint, holding a card stating the distance and date.

What do you guys think of that idea?

Ian.

I'm all for it guys, now that i have a good load for my 22-250 AI i hope to achieve that goal soon.

I think a system of validation is needed along the lines of submission to a nominated 500yd secretary, a signed witness statement, a photo of the shooter with the deceased varmint, holding a card stating the distance and date.

What do you guys think of that idea?

Ian.

Nice one Ian - sounds good to me!!!!! ;):lol:

Lets see what the others think!!!!

All the best........................

RAY........................................... :D :D

Archived