best mod for 22/250 on ruger m77 v/t mk2

Hi everybody,

Iam looking for the most effective mod to fit to my above rifle. Barrel will need to be screw cut first. One thing that seems important is to get a calibre specific mod. I see rips260 (Mark Rippley) recommends the MAE(JMS) on his channel , what do you think ? Also see that Onelesscharlie have a great reputation. I understand the difficulty in suppressing this high velocity round, which I want, not to be disappointed when bought ! S/steel seems to be the way to go ? as I am not concerned about added weight. Are overbarrel better than end can for suppression ? Willing to pay for the right mod. Thanks for the assistance........

Med.

I like my Spartans as they balance weight, bulk and attenuation well but my quietest CF is my 22/250 with T8 reflex

I've had both reflex and muzzle mounted MAE on my .22-250, both worked well and balanced well, but for actual sound reduction I've not found anything better than a T8

If you use the T8 as a base, how do you rate the MAE T12?

Hi everybody,

Iam looking for the most effective mod to fit to my above rifle. Barrel will need to be screw cut first. One thing that seems important is to get a calibre specific mod. I see rips260 (Mark Rippley) recommends the MAE(JMS) on his channel , what do you think ? Also see that Onelesscharlie have a great reputation. I understand the difficulty in suppressing this high velocity round, which I want, not to be disappointed when bought ! S/steel seems to be the way to go ? as I am not concerned about added weight. Are overbarrel better than end can for suppression ? Willing to pay for the right mod. Thanks for the assistance........

Med.

As far as I know, no-one in the UK outside of official circles has the expensive equipment required to make objective measurements of the impulse noise of sound suppressors. Therefore any comparisons will necessarily be subjective. And how many people have the opportunity to test lots of different models? Not many I bet. And it seems that just about everyone with a CNC machine is churning out a boutique brand of moderator these days, so it's not easy to make a choice.

If you are not bothered by weight and want stainless steel, then I would go with one of the models that seem to attract good comments here on UKV, i.e. Onelesscharlie, ASE Utra or MAE.

As far as I know, no-one in the UK outside of official circles has the expensive equipment required to make objective measurements of the impulse noise of sound suppressors. Therefore any comparisons will necessarily be subjective. And how many people have the opportunity to test lots of different models? Not many I bet. And it seems that just about everyone with a CNC machine is churning out a boutique brand of moderator these days, so it's not easy to make a choice.

If you are not bothered by weight and want stainless steel, then I would go with one of the models that seem to attract good comments here on UKV, i.e. Onelesscharlie, ASE Utra or MAE.

Hi

I dont usually comment on posts that already mention me,however Shuggy pretty much covers all the bases with his post.

Feel free to contact me as and when required 07833 212214 I will help in any way I can.

Colin

I have many difrent makes of moderator I can recommend one less Charlie for build and service its also the one fitted to my 22-250 if I need to replace one of the others in the future ill go there again.

I hope this helps.

Archived