Ackley dies.

caerhays sniper

Yeah I think it's a tad trial and error to set up at 1st, more the reason a is the 260 competition seater brownells is £60 cheaper than its ackley equivalent.

Check these out - http://www.whiddengunworks.com/product/reloading-die-set-2/ I would be inclined to get your rifle, borrow dies to get you started and once you have fired brass, send it to Whidden for a resizing die and a seater die.

Regards

JCS

What would the cost and turn around be on these do you think? My 6mm evolution uses a custom Newton precision die for sizing. It came with the rifle when I bought it.

Contact Whidden to get up to date costs and delivery times. I found them very reasonable for a full length resizing die they did for me. Regards JCS

Yeah I think it's a tad trial and error to set up at 1st, more the reason a is the 260 competition seater brownells is £60 cheaper than its ackley equivalent.

You might get away with using a standard seating die but i honestly dont think it will work satisfactorily with a Redding competition seater, the sliding sleeve being the problem.

Have a look at Sinclair International: http://www.sinclairintl.com/reloading-equipment/reloading-dies/rifle-dies/competition-seater-dies-prod38694.aspx?avs%7cCartridge_1=BAE_260+Remington+Imp

Even with postage, tax, duty and Royal Mail robbery charge it will work out cheaper then the £200+ including paotsge it will cost you through Brownells UK

I had 17 Fireball RCBS Die set from them about a year ago postage was $28 and i did not get hammered for duty, tax and the handling fee, dies came straight to my door.

Ian.

Sinclair International doesn't deal direct with us anymore. The website accepts selections and puts them in the cart, but as soon as you go to checkout and input a UK address, you're redirected to Brownells UK. (Maybe Sinclair still takes telephone orders and sends them direct [??], but it's obvious the company now wants to put our stuff through its dedicated facility.)

On the original query, Hornady seaters are universal calibre types, ie its 6.5mm seater handles all normal 6.5mm cartridges. A micrometer top is available for these dies at extra cost. The other point to note is that Hornady as with most makes of seater dies has far too restrictive a seater stem for most match bullets, likewise longer plastic tipped expanding bullets. (The bullet tip bottoms out before the open end of the stem contacts the bullet nose surfaces.) The company is now offering VLD type seater stems as an extra.

Mind you I'm talking about dies and I still can't decide which calibre I want between 260 / 260 AI and 6.5 Creedmoor!

So you have not got a rifle yet?

Are you going for a custom build, in the case of a 260 AI it would have to be that or someone elses custom/sem-icustom build.

For a standard 260 off the shelf rifles are not a problem the same goes for a 6.5 Creedmore although you might have a bit of a wait if you cant find one on a dealers shelf.

With a factory 260/6.5 Creedmore you wont gain anything in the way of accuracy or consistency using Competition Bushing dies, plus the fact to utilise this dies to their full potential neck turning is necessary.

If you decide to go for a custom build get your smith to cut a set of Newlon die blanks with the same reamer used for the chambering or go the Arbour press/Wilson Dies route

Ian.

So you have not got a rifle yet?

Are you going for a custom build, in the case of a 260 AI it would have to be that or someone elses custom/sem-icustom build.

For a standard 260 off the shelf rifles are not a problem the same goes for a 6.5 Creedmore although you might have a bit of a wait if you cant find one on a dealers shelf.

With a factory 260/6.5 Creedmore you wont gain anything in the way of accuracy or consistency using Competition Bushing dies, plus the fact to utilise this dies to their full potential neck turning is necessary.

If you decide to go for a custom build get your smith to cut a set of Newlon die blanks with the same reamer used for the chambering or go the Arbour press/Wilson Dies route

Ian.

The rifle is mine and at the gunsmith of my choice to be re-barrelled. It's a Remington so semi custom. After a lot of thought I do fancy trying the Creedmoor.

The rifle is mine and at the gunsmith of my choice to be re-barrelled. It's a Remington so semi custom. After a lot of thought I do fancy trying the Creedmoor.

If thats the case , have a look at Newlon precision dies = you can buy the blanks ( neck sizers use redding bushes ) and have your riflesmith ream them out for you!!!

I have used them in 6.5-55 ackley / 280 ackley and they are quality kit!!! ;)

If thats the case , have a look at Newlon precision dies = you can buy the blanks ( neck sizers use redding bushes ) and have your riflesmith ream them out for you!!!

I have used them in 6.5-55 ackley / 280 ackley and they are quality kit!!! ;)

did you order them direct from the states? What's the waiting time? I remember seeing you had them with the 280 ackley. My rifle is with the man who did your sako 6mm ppc if my memory is right.

did you order them direct from the states? What's the waiting time? I remember seeing you had them with the 280 ackley. My rifle is with the man who did your sako 6mm ppc if my memory is right.

Great stuff then!!!! ;)

Yes order them direct from the comany - i found them great to deal with Jim!! ;):D

Yeah it's the rifle I did have as 243 Ackley. I decided to go for a 3 set of Redding as they will do the job for what I want, And Neil I doesn't do the dies, So all the gear here just the waiting game on getting it back now. You still doing abit Ray?

Archived