AR tip of barrel mounted sight

Lukas_K

Wonder if someone here has experience - I chanced upon a nice R15 VTR (long rifle variant) which I´d like to use for sporting rifle (iron sights). The rifle is configured for optics only by manufacturer.

The A2 rear sight will mount easily via picatinny, but what with the front sight? Of course, the regular approach would be to replace the gas block with one that can carry the front sight post or to use an integrated gasblock/front sight tower. BUT...

I´d like to keep the current low profile gas block and mount a front sight (clamp-on preferably) all the way down the barrel for enhanced sight radius.

So the question is, anybody here did so before? Would any of the forum resident smithies be willing to remachine a gas block ntended for a thinner profile bbl to mount on my given muzzle diameter? I believe the muzzle is 0.68" but will verify.

Cheap Czech version :), foresight off a vz59 MG. Zeleny Sport may have some spares. Machine a thread adapter to the end of the barrel (assuming barrel is already threaded for a brake.

Archived