BEST REM STOCK

Guest varmartin

Get ready for a lot of different replies........ :)

IMHO.....the HS precision or the Varmint Laminated......or the one which makes you shoot the best ...!

Guest James@Scarborough

I've got the 700CDL in left hand. It's a beauty :(:)

I don't like synthetics at all, natural is much better. :P:P , besides, most are not available in left hand, and custom stuff is out of my budget.

DSC00142.jpg

I like the HS varmint stock, but not so keen on the HS police stock (doesnt feel as comfortable with the the hand positioning for me). At the moment I have now got a laminate thumbhole stock on my 223 and its just the job for me.

Andy

You may not believe this, BUT, the Rem 700 (40XS) is available with a Mcmilllan A3 or A5 series.

The A5 (if we are speaking factory rifle) would be my choice.

However getting Edgar Bros to import one is entirely another matter.

Link to Remington Military / Police catalogue:

http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/40xs.htm

The 40 series is a standard Rem 700 action "pulled" from the production line and "accurised" by Remington Custom Shop - exactly same as the 700 series. :blush:

I like the varmint stock [hs] because it has a beavertail forend, and a slimmer wrist than the pss stock. Always had a fondness for the bog std wood bdl stock, with the black caps, and very high gloss, inch thick varnish.....very american, very tacky, but i,ve always loved it.

Hi All

Recently purchased a REM 700 PSS in .243. Although it look a bit brutal it has good grip and fires well with the synthetic stock. I like the idea of no maintenance.

I bought it with a Pecar scope 4-10x53 a real bargin very clear and crisp and whats more I also managed to pick up a duple like reticle from US ebay for peanuts.

Archived