243Ai two months on:-)

having had my 243 ai a couple of months now i still couldnt be more happy with its performance

Ive swaped my bullet choice about abit since the first batch of reloads but ive hit the jackpot in that it shoots 65g 75g & 87g Vmax to the same point of aim at 100yds:-)

I changed my powder scales a few weeks back Plus i also wanted to make sure my new batch of brass was going to fireform well with my 75g vmax load so prior to going out foxing i put up a box with some dots drawn on it!

was a fairly gusty eve as it seems to be everyblody day lately so im sure the gun is capable of better

any ways i kinda cheated as i didnt want to cook my barrel & use loads of ammo so 3shot groups only im afraid!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/Andykat/CIMG2436.jpg

left two groups are fire forming with 75g Vmax & the right hand group is my current AI load of 65g Vmax

All i can say is well done dasherman:-)

just need to get the 87's & 75g ers made up in full fat AI flavor & get em chronoed & finaly set up exball on the money as im way of with the 65gers with my fps guess:-P

cheers ANdy

Cheers Andy

Hey Andy

lokks like awesome grouping - youv'e measured the last one wrong mate it should be .338" minus .243 = .095"

Measure your groups centre to centre or edge to edge and subtract the calibre - .095" fantastic :D:D:D

Hi Andy

Awesome group buddy, why risk taking another two shots and possibly spoiling a thing of beauty :D

Good luck with the 75g's and the 87g's, what powder are you using with the 65g's ???

A very good friend of mine also has a 243 AI built by Dasherman, and that shoots akin to your's, Enjoy :D:D

Cheers Steve

cheers guys for the kind words:-)

I knew that last group was a stonKer:-) & the other are prety damn good for fireforming:-)

Funky

Im using "almost" the same load as u mate im .2 of a grain shy of ur load now with no preasure signs now which is weird as they seem to have reduced now for some reason??

My new scales seem to read lighter then my last ones so i had to add a little more to make the same weight over the lee scales but still no presure signs !

I havent tried the 75s in Ai flavor yet mate so they may give me preasure signs then

Wht days u down this way mate?

stevie

Im using vit 150 mate

& see no reason to change:-)

cheers ANdy

Nice going andy, dasherman can definatley build an accurate rifle, my tac20 he done is shooting ridiculous groups at the minute after 1100 rounds it still amazes me, this group was shot last time I checked my zero at 200 metres, this was the tightest of 3 5 shot groups the others were just under half inch, unreal grouping for 200 metres, (for my hands anyhow)

DigitalCamera297.jpg

I used to dream of this type of grouping at 100 metres never mind 200 metres, at 100 metres its just 1 ragged hole like this

DigitalCamera310.jpg

I know who will be slinging the barrel on my 22-250 ai when I get around to getting it done.

The confidence a rifle this accurate gives just cant be beaten, I had a friend who owns a gun shop near me out one lovely still evening shooting bunnies, we were taking them out to about 300metres he watched me decapatate 4 in a row and he just had to have a go himself, I think it blew his mind a bit, his 222 was shooting 1 inch groups at 100 metres at that time, wasnt long till he had ordered a custom build from his gunsmith for a tac20. Accurate rifles are fun!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with it andy.

Nice going andy, dasherman can definatley build an accurate rifle, my tac20 he done is shooting ridiculous groups at the minute after 1100 rounds it still amazes me, this group was shot last time I checked my zero at 200 metres, this was the tightest of 3 5 shot groups the others were just under half inch, unreal grouping for 200 metres, (for my hands anyhow)

DigitalCamera297.jpg

I used to dream of this type of grouping at 100 metres never mind 200 metres, at 100 metres its just 1 ragged hole like this

DigitalCamera310.jpg

I know who will be slinging the barrel on my 22-250 ai when I get around to getting it done.

The confidence a rifle this accurate gives just cant be beaten, I had a friend who owns a gun shop near me out one lovely still evening shooting bunnies, we were taking them out to about 300metres he watched me decapatate 4 in a row and he just had to have a go himself, I think it blew his mind a bit, his 222 was shooting 1 inch groups at 100 metres at that time, wasnt long till he had ordered a custom build from his gunsmith for a tac20. Accurate rifles are fun!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with it andy.

Cheers dude

this rifle is damn good but to be fair my stock savage 22-250 would do this at 100 yds to very nearly the same as that small group!

I must admit its boringly acurate so ive jsut part exed in my shotgun against a S/h Howa 204 for somethign to fiddle with!lol

fancy a 204 for a short truck gun!:-)

20" for the win so easy to hanle out the window of the truck

getting the shop owner to try it out to see if it shoots at the mo then get it choped & re screw cut as at the moment its got a 1/2 thread on it!:-(WHY do they do this????????????????????????????????????

Andy

Archived