chris potter country sports

millpool

Bought a Sako quad varmint from them earlier this year, I had to wait a while for it but not one had them in stock so to be fair that was nothing to do with them. They called me as soon as it arrived and gave a good deal as I had waited so long.

They scoped and boresighted my rifle without even a mention of where I purchased my new scope from, which I thought was very proffesional.

Hope this helps

Neil

Bought a Sako quad varmint from them earlier this year, I had to wait a while for it but not one had them in stock so to be fair that was nothing to do with them. They called me as soon as it arrived and gave a good deal as I had waited so long.

They scoped and boresighted my rifle without even a mention of where I purchased my new scope from, which I thought was very proffesional.

Hope this helps

Neil

hi neil,thanks for that,very strange really,i have emaied them,called them,they have a rifle in stock that i,m after ,but they seem to busy to return my calls or emails,so i will by a sako75 from another dealer,weird you think in the current climate they just might want my buisness.anyway i,m glad you got good service from them.

there was quite a rant about thier customer service record over on SD last week. log on and look at the gunsmiths thread.

swampy

thanks swampy ,i will have a look, i wish i could give my customers the same treatment,but then i wouldant have a buisness!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a guy working there, Richard who was the business when it came to rifles.

He fell out with the boss and they got rid of him in a poor way.

I've not been back since.

Mind you, East Grinstead isn't much better.

Why do gunshops get run by grumps?

There was a guy working there, Richard who was the business when it came to rifles.

He fell out with the boss and they got rid of him in a poor way.

I've not been back since.

Mind you, East Grinstead isn't much better.

Why do gunshops get run by grumps?

hi trapper

i am really stuned at their lack of customer service,i was on for buying a rifle from them ,no one their is interested in wanting my money,they cant even be botherd to pick up a phone or send me an email ,i even sent an e mail to their md,letting him have my thoughts ,nothing silly ,just tried to explain how dissopointed i was with thier customer handling,i am a director of a business i own with the "other half" if we treated our customers with the same"cant be asked" attitude we would be out of buisness in 3 months ! i will never contact them again ,they must be making so much money they dont need any ones buisness!!

• 2 weeks later...

I,and many of my colleagues, haven't been back to Chris Potters since Rick Whiteley moved on. No-one bar him had a clue about firearms. Rick is now concentrating on his own RFD business and still giving the same outstanding service. Look him up by searching for 'Gun Runner' JC

I bought a used set of Beretta barrels from them through a Guntrader add last year. Pretty well as advertised /described other than the chokings were a tad tighter than advised. I would use them again no problem.

A

I,and many of my colleagues, haven't been back to Chris Potters since Rick Whiteley moved on. No-one bar him had a clue about firearms. Rick is now concentrating on his own RFD business and still giving the same outstanding service. Look him up by searching for 'Gun Runner' JC

thanks for that jc,very kind of you.

• 6 years later...

Being aware this is quite an old thread, I'm still keen to put the bad experiences people have had at Chris Potters right (no matter how old they are)

This being so long ago, it would be hard to identify what went wrong back then, and I'm sorry for any problems anyone has had getting hold of us.

We have a great team in our gunroom for shotguns, airguns and rifles. We'll always do our best to get back to people with enquiries. The best way to do this is via our website www.gun.co.uk - Facebook (Search for Chris Potter Country Sports) or by phone 01892 522208.

Thanks,

The Chris Potter Team

Archived