Drone pro 10

hughes.s

Drone arrived today had a play with it, couple of questions, to save the x, y, co ordinates you press buttons 2 and 4 together, is there a technique to do this successfully every time?, also has anybody relocated the unit in the alternate holes to bring the Drone back for better eye relief , did you loctite the screws after?. Can you recommend rechargeable batteries/charger?.

Thank you Hughes.s

Timing is everything with buttons 2 and 4. Get it wrong and the reticle colour changes or the reticle style changes.

Get it right and the word "Save" appears in the bottom left corner of the display.

Can't comment on the alternate holes, mine has a mount made by Neil McKillop which is 100% better than the one fitted to the Drone.

Be careful with rechargeable batteries. The manual says you can use rechargeables with a voltage up to 3.7 volts - and that's true. The problem is that lithium ion 3,7 volt batteries when fully charged are actually 4.2 volts.

If you put a pair of fully charged batteries in the drone it's likely not going to work because the overvoltage protection circuit will kick in to prevent any damage to the electronics.

Also, CR123 size rechargeables have a very low capacity (approx 650mah)compared to 3v lithium non rechargeables (approx 1450mah) so they don't last long.

My advice is to buy a box of 10 CR123 3v non recahrgeable lithium batteries off Amazon and only switch on the Drone pro for the shot.

Cheers

Bruce

I moved mount back to alternative position with no problems don't go mad when nipping bolts back up ,easy to strip the thread personally wouldn't use loctite ,Only heat kills loctite you could struggle if it ever had to be removed ,the drone is fab piece of kit you'll love it

Lee

Archived