Cheap Quality Shooting Glasses?

Tiff

I know you usually get what you pay for, but I need to buy 12-16 pairs, so cannot afford £50 to £80+ each.

They will be used for clay pigeon and rifle shooting. Ideally I would like glasses with a single piece clear lens in a frame - the lens doesn't have to be removable.

Standards wise En166f seems a little low, ANSI z87+ a little better and MIL-PRF-32432 seems about as good as it gets for glasses.

​Are there any available in the UK that meet this higher end spec for under £20 a pair?

Many thanks,

Tiff

N.B On the off chance anyone works for a company making or selling these, could they please also get in touch.

The ESS ICE glasses are single piece and although if buying as a kit with several lenses are a bit dearer than your budget you can buy the frame and a single lens for about £20 with free delivery. Dont quote me but I think they are/were military issue so I'm sure are more than up to the job.

http://www.polimil.co.uk/eyewear?manufacturer=823

ESS ICE are good and were on military issue from 2005-2011. However the MOD contract was won by the Revision Sawfly in 2011 and IMO they are a slightly better design.

I have no direct experience of them but the basic Napier models are supposed to be good.

Have a look at the Bolle safety glasses on Amazon. Pid £6 for my last pairs and they seem to be conferment to standards while meeting your requirements.

Regards

Mark

Thank you for the replies so far :).

I currently have Bolle Contour's, but they are only EN166F from memory so not offering that much protection.

Radian Journeys looks a reasonable cost/standards compromise, I'll research them further, as for clay shooting they could work well.

The ESS ICE look good and with one clear lens come in on budget.

The Revision Sawfly's are unfortunately too expensive, but will get a set for myself as I prefer the design.

I'll also call Napier tomorrow about what specs their specs are tested to...as I'm struggling to find it on their website.

Please keep the ideas coming,

Tiff

Archived