X-Searcher disappoinment!!!

richyf

I've just had the first chance to compare my new x-searcher ir with illumination control against my Dragonfly. Both were used on my Starlight Arrow and I also had my mate on hand to have a look just to get his thoughts on the new ir. I fitted the Dragonfly first and we both agreed that we could see about 350yds fairly easy with it. Next up the x-searcher. Now, both of us were expecting there to be minimal difference between the two having read other reports and also the description on the Nightmaster site. Neither of us could quite believe just how poor the x-searcher performed. Not only could we NOT see any where near 350yds, we were hard pushed to see 150yds with it. Plus, when I attached the extension tube and used 2 batteries, the unit wouldn't even switch on!! In fact, my mate who has a standard 800 said it wasn't even as good as that. And before anyone says it, yes the batteries were fully charged before we tested it. To sum it up, the Dragonfly wipes the floor with the x-searcher. Question is now, does it go back or do I opt for the AS pill?

Richy

I've just had the first chance to compare my new x-searcher ir with illumination control against my Dragonfly. Both were used on my Starlight Arrow and I also had my mate on hand to have a look just to get his thoughts on the new ir. I fitted the Dragonfly first and we both agreed that we could see about 350yds fairly easy with it. Next up the x-searcher. Now, both of us were expecting there to be minimal difference between the two having read other reports and also the description on the Nightmaster site. Neither of us could quite believe just how poor the x-searcher performed. Not only could we NOT see any where near 350yds, we were hard pushed to see 150yds with it. Plus, when I attached the extension tube and used 2 batteries, the unit wouldn't even switch on!! In fact, my mate who has a standard 800 said it wasn't even as good as that. And before anyone says it, yes the batteries were fully charged before we tested it. To sum it up, the Dragonfly wipes the floor with the x-searcher. Question is now, does it go back or do I opt for the AS pill?

Richy

I reckon youve got it set up wrong , you do know they have three power settings? mine is good for 600+ yards with a white LED and over 400 with IR .

How is it set up wrong? I thought if it was the model with the dimmer switch at the rear then it doesn't have the 3 modes? If you've got some advice I 'd really appreciate it because I'm one unhappy camper with this unit.

Richy

How is it set up wrong? I thought if it was the model with the dimmer switch at the rear then it doesn't have the 3 modes? If you've got some advice I 'd really appreciate it because I'm one unhappy camper with this unit.

Richy

I`ve got the earlier one where you set the power settings on the collar , best you talk to Nightmaster.

definitely something amiss there.i was out with mine atop a drone Friday night and could see out to 350/400 y easily and getting eye shine on hares over 500 y.could be a bad pill i had a white one go on me

night master are good to deal with you bo need to talk to them

I used to have 2 X searchers one would focus really well and shine as others have said while the other wouldn't focus no where near as well as the other torch and that one really struggled for distance.

If I swapped heads over the poor one still wouldn't work with the other pill so I think some of the head reflectors or glass maybe suspect?

I've got NM800 on my drones the second one started off working well but developed a problem within a week I phoned night master who insisted I down load a return form I wasn't happy and gave them the choise of fixing it or legal procedings. I know down loading a form is a Lott less time and money but I didn't like thier Attitude. I sent it back they returned a new one and happy ever after. I would recommend the NM800 on a drone or my Archer but not thier after sales service.

Sorry for the rant the point is it sounds like yours needs returning.

Archived