duracoted rifle

Guest bert

Cheers Col

I had read that but thought that the "sales to anyone" referred to continental US rather than to Europe as the shipping regs are different to the US.

Obviously I am not knocking the free market and any competition in an economy is good for the end user,

BUT if the competitors are not 100% in application / back up of the product, then "buy cheap buy twice" springs to mind.

For example, I wouldn't even think of buying a DIY kit off Kal, when he does such a good job at reasonable cost and I know that if there is any issue with the finish, it will be sorted no question.

Now we have two people doing the Duracoat finishing at reasonable cost ;)

Plus when were are having rifles and scopes worth literally £1000's of pounds in value coated, I want it done by someone who has at least full knowledge of his product.

Don't think for one minute I am knocking the work done on Berts rifle, it is probably a great job (it certainly looks it), the true test will be to see the same gun in 12 months time and see how its stood up to frequent use.

I have a mate who uses a fully coated rifle / scope/ stock every week in competitions over here and abroad, the finish is still 100% 12 months on.

Its a big step to trust someone to take away a custom rifle and re-finish it. :)

i have had 3 rifles done with kal.

a full custom and 2 semi custom rifles.

i was going to buy the stuff my self thats how i know they will sell it to us over here, they quoted me about $150 shipping for xxx of stuff, (i can not remember the exact amount)

like every spray job its all in the prep.

ATB

Colin ;)

I'm bored. What started off as an informative article has become another picking match. It reduces the integrity of all parties when the purpose of the site is to support each other and share great stuff. Just my opinion.

Thats a fair point you make, but it seems to always be the case im afraid and is becoming normal mentality!

Wayne

dont know where the pictures have gone, they are still there in a reply Col48 made in the TARGET SHOOTING section to the "Just been out for a Play" thread.

All I can surmise is Bert pulled his post.

Wayne

dont know where the pictures have gone, they are still there in a reply Col48 made in the TARGET SHOOTING section to the "Just been out for a Play" thread.

All I can surmise is Bert pulled his post.

Ronin

cheers mate I will check with Dave tomorow Its just I,ve had a PM from another member about the duracoat work

Wayne ;)

No problem,

Its a shame if he did pull the pics, as I commented in the beginning, the rifle looks good.

There usually ensues "discussion" over any subject which regards coating products, sound moderators and gunsmithing ;);) - part of the appeal and success of the site is that debate and opinions are voiced and respected without decending into slanging matches (although its been known to happen the odd time)

I hope Bert re-posts the photo's, as the thread is a bit worthless without them.

Archived