Heres my drops from bulletflight and the tweaked leica software, turns out my r8 scope mounts put the scope at 5cm above bore. I just tweaked the bc by 0.05. Job jobbed, good enough for deer work

3333EF04-7B3C-4021-8984-8872D68A1F53_zps

921A5853-CD94-45BB-A17E-B4EA528D5AB0_zps

Putting deer work completely aside and purely focusing on long range shooting (800 - 1500 meters) will the Binos give a correct ballistic solution ?

The online software that you load onto the memory card plots a curve to 1000m, i've only managed to get a click value output to 917m, so no. They range to in excess of 1600m and give angle, temp and pressure so with charts or an app you could do.

Putting deer work completely aside and purely focusing on long range shooting (800 - 1500 meters) will the Binos give a correct ballistic solution ?

not unless you have the same scope height

assuming you don't want spin or coriolis

• 2 weeks later...

There are two apps

http://leicaflash.leica-camera.com/leicadroptest.html

and

http://ballistictool.leica-camera.com/#/

the second one allows scope height to be set, They appear to be runningslightly different curve data as I got very slightly differing results for drop charts on each

they are both tweakable

the problem with the second app is the data doesn't appear to store to the card!

just got my bins today through a group buy and haven't really had a chance to play with the app yet

will figure it out!

I am looking into a Hex editor that will allow direct data input from real drop data into the Hex file that goes on the chip

skip the app

put your real data direct into the chip

That sounds like a good idea let us know if you do it

Archived