if you could only take one what would it be ?

reloaderdan

hi there guys i was having a chat with a couple of local shooters down the pub the other night and we got onto the subject of if we were only going to have one of the rifles we own what would it be and why ?

well out of the four of us three of us choise our .22lr and the other went for his .223 me personaly i went for my beloved .22lr, light and easy to use cheep on the ammo front nearly silent in operation and if in a thearatical survival situation i would not go hungry with good shot placment and feild craft.

what are your views on this ? :)

Well I think after recent experiences it wouuld have to be my 6BR. It is superbly accurate out to silly ranges and can also be made deer legal aswell.

Cheers

Dave

Guest Baldrick

I'm with your logic on the .22LR, Dan, however the .470NE might extend my quarry list a little more in those theatrical survival situations.

If I was to take one gun for my desert island gun I would take a 17hmr over all my centre fire

you could head shoot small animals and neck shoot small deer or same size animal at close range

super light ammo means you could carry thousands and thousands if you had to and a bore snake would take care of the cleaning

although having made a clean first round kill with a 22rf at 356 yards a few years ago you can guarrantee more food in your tum if you went out with a silenced 17

If it was a real situation with my current conditions in the UK I'd have the 6.5x55. I can legally shoot everything I'd ever want to with that from vermin to Deer. Same for a safari situation, the 6.5 is the biggest gun I have! As a poaching gun to survive with, the .22lr would take some beating. I'm sure you could take a deer with it if your life depended on it, and the amount of ammo you could pack into a small space is huge.

Thats a good question , I love the center fires that I have but it would be a toss up of my 17hmr or my 6mmbr. I just had a thought an over/under chambered in that ,now then :wub:

Theatrical one rifle situation.

No question 308 / 7.62x51mm

Ammo available anywhere.

Back up weapon 7.62x39mm

AK47 would be available in this hypothetical situation - or have I gone too "survivalist"

Archived