Action Cameras - GoPro alternatives - Any Recommendations?

brown dog

Bought a DBPower EX5000 Amazon link

Just back from the Alps having used it all week.

It's AWESOME!

The HD footage is indistinguishable from a gopro.

At £70ish it comes with a 2" screen, a spare battery, wifi to your smartphone (you can see what it's seeing and control it from your phone) and a whole bunch of mounting bits and pieces.

Thoroughly recommended.

I was thinking of buying the exact same camera so I'm delighted to hear it's good.

Must order one now.

Brown Dog, I was tempted by this camera until I realised most of the good reviews on Amazon were from people who received a free one to review. They still show up as "Amazon Verified Purchase". The poor reviews (there are only a few) are pretty damning with respect to picture noise in anything other than good outdoor light, very sluggish response to lighting changes and poor write speed (even with top notch memory cards).

Have you noticed these problems? Ta

Short answer is: No :)

Good. Most of my filming would be outdoor but I was thinking anything underwater might suffer from low-light noise issues.

• 1 month later...

Bought a DBPower EX5000 Amazon link

Just back from the Alps having used it all week.

It's AWESOME!

The HD footage is indistinguishable from a gopro.

At £70ish it comes with a 2" screen, a spare battery, wifi to your smartphone (you can see what it's seeing and control it from your phone) and a whole bunch of mounting bits and pieces.

Thoroughly recommended.

It's now under £50 -I couldn't resist.

Archived