letter from Thames Valley

I rang them today as I haven't had it back and only have 2 weeks

left on my cert

They told me it is in the system and is being processed BUT won't be done

In time for my renewal date even though they have had it for nearly 6 months

They have said they will be sending me out a temporary certificate

Carnt wait to move to County Durham were these issues are non existent

I've always known TV were slow but this is ridiculous

My local force took 3 days shy of 6 months to do a change of conditions on one of my rifles. Although recently processed a variation in 6 working days.....

I have to admit I utterly lost the rag with them over the 6 month episode. But I did send them a nice Christmas card.....

I've also NEVER had the ticket issued as it should be first time after any requested changes. Conditions are always all over the shop, permission for expanding missing, etc, etc. Always has to go back to be fixed.

Carnt wait to move to County Durham were these issues are non existent

I've always known TV were slow but this is ridiculous

Be careful what you wish for, you may find you're jumping from the frying pan into the fire :)

While they may be quicker (most times) on renewals Durham make up for it in other ways, refusal to issue Sec.7's unless forced, adding additional un-required pages to renewal/grant forms, almost 2yrs of insisting on applicants getting medical refs from their GPs and a general level of incompetence that staggers belief. Just read the IPCC report into the Atherton/Horden shootings https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/sites/default/files/Documents/investigation_commissioner_reports/Michael_Atherton_report.PDF

Whilst they have improved in some ways since the Atherton incident they still don't like people having firearms, the Chief Constable and PCC are both anti-shooting.

Thanks for the info Phaedra 1106uk

I wasn't aware of these other issues

I will be moving up there in the next 5 years or so either when the kids have flown the nest or my tied cottage job ends

just got to find a house between

Bishop Auckland and Consett

Thanks for the info Phaedra 1106uk

I wasn't aware of these other issues

I will be moving up there in the next 5 years or so either when the kids have flown the nest or my tied cottage job ends

just got to find a house between

Bishop Auckland and Consett

Come to shooter friendly Northumbria (anywhere north of the Tyne) and NOT County Durham. Things seem to go swimmingly well on FACs unless you have been a naughty boy and you will soon be on the 'naughty step'.

Archived